I haven't done a update on what is new with us in a few months and there is definitely enough new things to share, so here we go! I will start with the biggest news and that is regarding our little Ms. Claire, it was determined this past Friday that she needs glasses. This did not come as a surprise to us because back in the fall we had her 3 year old screening done through the Rockwood Early Childhood Center and they mentioned that she was having trouble seeing distance in her left eye and we might want to get her retested. Every spring the preschool that she attends has a group by the name of Delta Gamma Vision Screening that comes in and does a "free" eye examine for any students that want to take advantage of the opportunity. They too came up with the same diagnosis so to speak, that her vision is fine, 20/40 where it should be for a 3 year old with both eyes but, more 20/70 with the other eyes, especially the left, individually. I got the name of a child Ophthalmologist and immediately called and made an appointment, they were able to get her in this past Friday. Claire did GREAT, she was very cooperative with the nurses and doctors, as we expected, the only part she got upset about was when they dilated her eyes which I knew would scare her. After we waited for about 20 minutes the doctor came in and told us that she has Astigmatism which is causing her to have trouble seeing distance in both her eyes. Now for those of you that are not familiar Astigmatism is when your eyes are shaped like a football verses a ball and therefore the light doesn't project as well through them causing your vision to be blurred. Poor Claire here I was hoping and praying that neither one of the girls would inherit their fathers HORRIBLE eyesight and come to find out she inherited my astigmatism. I did not start having problems with my vision until I hit my twenties and I realized that I couldn't see the street signs as clearly as I had in the past. Claire's astigmatism is a little worse than mine causing it to affect her at a much younger age. So this week my mission is to find her some frames which is going to be impossible, anyone who knows me well knows that when it comes to making decisions I get overwhelmed very easily, especially when I have A LOT of choices! My poor little girl having to get glasses at the age of 4, I just hope kids don't make fun of her. One good thing is that her learning won't be impeded by her vision and another is that since they have made it mandatory that all kids must pass a vision screening before entering Kindergarten, a lot more kids will be getting glasses at an early age.
Some news about Paige, well let's see where should I begin? This baby of ours is officially no longer a baby. Her communication skills and activity level is definitely one of a 2 or 3 year old. Just like all children she is a parrot and repeats everything that is said around her. The latest parroting is from my vocabulary. I did not realize how much/often I say "oh my god" well now I see it must be quite often. I know when I get overwhelmed it comes out, example being when I walk into Claire's room and it is a complete disaster they words "oh my god" simple roll right off my tongue. The other day Paige walked into Claire's room and saw toys, books, make-up, shoes etc all over the floor and said "oh my god". Whoops!! I thought at first I must have heard her wrong, but NOPE, when she gets all messy (her hands) or drops something, off her tongue roll the words "oh my god". She is also saying "Bless You" now whenever someone around her sneezes it is really cute, but it doesn't have to be a sneeze purse, any noise that comes from your nose or mouth gets a "bless you". She is also starting to understand the difference between boys and girls. She knows that daddy is a boy, she likes to tell him he is a "bad boy" when she gets upset with him and knows that she, Claire and mommy are all girls. When we are out and about she will point to people and say "girl" or "boy". One of my favorite new additions to her vocabulary is "hug","kiss" and "snuggle". Before people leave she will tell them that she wants to give them a hug or kiss. She can't say kiss so she makes the "Ummah" sound instead, too cute! One last big thing is that she had gone tinkle on the potty twice over the last week so I think we will be potty training pretty soon. Claire had it down by 25 months and I don't think Paige will be too far behind her, she might even get it down by her 1st birthday that would be wonderful.
The relationship between the girls is getting cuter and cuter everyday. Claire has always been such a WONDERFUL big sister, but I see her becoming even a better one with every passing day. I have been starting to crack down on Paige a little more lately seeing as how she will be two next month, some things need to start getting nipped in the bud. When I tell her no, or make her do something that she doesn't want to, she will get upset and say "I see sissy, I hug sissy". She will go running to Claire and Claire is great with her she will calm Paige down by giving her a hug, then Claire will take her to the bathroom to help wipe the tears/snot with a tissue. After that Claire tells Paige to listen to mommy and she won't be so sad, it works almost every time. Cory and I have definitely been blessed with two sweet, adorable, sensitive, caring, beautiful little girls!
Well, you certainly did have a lot of news. I hope you are able to find glasses that you like for Claire without too much difficulty. Paige is definitely talking and picking up more words all the time. I tried to sign as a follower, but I am not sure I did it correctly.
ReplyDeleteWow! Glasses! It is good that you figured out that she can't see perfectly before she begins school. It is great that she was screened so early. Paige is looking like a big girl to me these days. I love those green dresses. How fun to have a picnic on the front yard. I miss seeing the girls! Hopefully, I will see you all soon!
ReplyDeletelove,
Nicole