Thursday, March 19, 2009

Strawberries Anyone?


Well I am so excited that Strawberries are finally back in season. Yes, I know that you can get them all year round, but they just are not good until April or so. I went to the grocery store on Monday and bought a container of them and yesterday I made a homemade Strawberry Pie. Now I have made the filling part many times over but, I have never attempted to make my own crust. Well, yesterday I took the plunge and did it and it turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Did I learn somethings along the way of what to do next time, sure. Like I said I did pretty darn good the only thing that I will do differently next time is to leave a little more crust on the edges, I cut off a little too much. Oh well we live and learn but I am sure it will taste just as yummy going down.
** Oh yes I also wanted to thank all of you who have signed up as a follower of my blog. I have 5 loyal followers, but I know for a fact there are more of you out there, Connie, Lisa, Kelli, Becke, Elizabeth and Nicole so go ahead and sign up. Also, thank you for helping me get over 600 hits on my blog, how exciting!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! looks great! I have never attempted a pie crust either. Good for you. I know, i cannot believe we haven't played either. The kids did go out on their own a lot this week and I watched from inside catching up on housework! i didn't go out today, cause i am going into work extra for the big bucks tonight......what am i thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I, too, have never attempted to make my own pie crust. Maybe I will sometime - or maybe not. Who knows? Glad you guys had a fun spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pie was delicious and I was very impressed with your crust since it was the first time you made it, as that recipe can be a little tricky. Good job! I know Cory will look forward to many more homemade crusts.

    ReplyDelete