Since it was suppose to be such a beautiful day here today with temps in the upper 70's to low 80's, we made a play date with one of Claire's friends from preschool to go to the Zoo. Now before you all think that we are completely crazy, I want to let everyone know that we were fully aware of what today is and that not only was it St. Patrick's Day and beautiful but, that they have a parade right down by the Zoo. We thought by getting on the road by 9am we would be okay. WRONG! By the time we got down to the Zoo we sat in traffic for at least 30 minutes waiting just to get up to the parking lot which we then saw was FULL. I then made a quick U-Turn and found a parking lot way up by the Art Museum that had some spots. Now once we got into the Zoo everything was fine, it really wasn't that busy at all and we all had a great time. First we went to the Children's Zoo were the girls had a chance to play, see how tall they are and pet/brush the goats. After that we headed down to the bears and penguins. We then saw the monkeys and rode the train. Since we had wasted so much time waiting in line to park and then having to walk a little ways it was now closing in on 1:00pm. The girls were getting tired and hungry and we had told them that we would get McDonald's for lunch! We decided we better head back to the car and get on the road where we hit a bunch more traffic just trying to get back to the highway. I really thought that by a little after 1pm the traffic would have thinned out, but again we had to wait and inch our way along. All four of the girls did great (well okay, Paige had a little melt down in the car), but other than that we had a really good time. All and all we got home at 3pm, way past Paige's nap which reminds me I need to wake her up or she will never got to sleep tonight. Here are a few pictures from our trip!
Emma and Claire

Paige 23 months, Audrey 27 months

Claire had a new admirer

All the girls!

It was so sunny!

Paige had a great time running from one goat to the next!

Relaxing on the train, Claire wanted to ride with Catherine and Emma rode with me.

Paige LOVED the tunnels that we went through, she kept saying more tunnels, more tunnels.

We even got to see a Turkey up close and personal. It was actually walking right beside us gobbling in the Children's Zoo. I did have a moment where I second guessed what I ate on Thanksgiving. Yikes!

The good old Tigers relaxing in the sun.
These are great pictures. Looks like the girls had a great time. Wow, I do feel your pain though waiting in traffic is no fun. Glad everyone was able to handle it so well… Oh man… McD’s sounds good right now..:)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a fantastic day and so nice that each of the girls had a friend to be with. The traffic reminds me of when we went to the zoo for Claire's birthday last year and had to sit in traffic for a long time because of school buses letting students off. The pictures are so good.
ReplyDeleteFun times!! I thought about going to the zoo on tuesday too, but decided I was gonna stay local, instead this spring break! Just want to keep it low key after stressful past month of work everyday! Love the pics on the train, the girls' looks are priceless!
ReplyDelete