Thursday, March 26, 2009

Growing Pains

I have been meaning to start a place here in the house that we mark the girls height every year at their birthdays and haven't yet started. I am determined to make this year the year the tradition begins, I just have to find the right place to do it. When I was growing up my parents measured us against the inside of our coat closet door. This was a great place as it was not out for everyone to see yet it was easy to access. However, when my parents sold the house and moved all the memories and markings of our growth stayed behind. I want my girls growth chart to be on something that we can take along with us when we move in the next 3-5 years. Humm, I will just have to keep pondering this one I still have a few more weeks until Paige's big day. If anyone has an idea or some way they measure their kiddos I would love to hear it. In the meanwhile I have used the "growth chart" at the Children's Zoo, after all pictures you can take along with you forever.


Claire almost 14 months...........


On her 2nd birthday as tall as a Koala.


Claire on her 3rd birthday just shy of the River Otter(she is up on the lip a little)


Almost 4 and now is truly as tall as a River Otter.


Paige almost 13 months............


Paige almost 2 and even though she didn't want to stand still we can tell that like her sister at this age she too is the height of a Koala...........

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean,"when you move in the next 3-5yrs.....you are NOT allowed to EVER move, I thought that was clear when you bought the house.:) I have seen on HGTV, where they measure on a door frame and then just take the door frame side with them and replace it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted 3 2x4's with a solid color that match each of the boys rooms. I hung them behind each of the boys doors so they are easy to get too, but not in plain sight. I did this at the last house and when we moved I just took them down and moved them to this house. Something a friend of mine does is decopodg a little picture of her boys next to the measurement every year. She just prints the pic on plain paper and then covers it with that glue stuff on the board.

    ReplyDelete