*Update: Paige had a better nights sleep last night as her coughing is getting much better, however, now it has moved on to Claire. Between the two of them Cory and I didn't get much sleep again last night. Paige would wake up crying for no apparent reason and Claire was calling for a tissue or would just wanted us to give her a hug. Paige's appetite is starting to return as she had a few oyster crackers and some grapes this morning, but Claire is the one not interested in food now. We were out running some errands this morning and while we were in Sam's Claire told me she was cold and asked for her jacket. Clue #1 that a fever was starting as it is absolutely beautiful here today with the temperature being in the mid 60's. Clue #2 as we ran into another store Claire again told me she was cold and wanted to go home, when I looked at her I noticed that she was pale as a ghost and was her body was actually shaking. Clue #3 and the topping to the cake as they say, we got home washed hands, took Tylenol and both the girls were in bed taking naps by 12:30pm. Can't remember the last time that happened as Claire doesn't really take naps anymore, fun times, guess I am next! When I was up with Claire around 5am I noticed that I was starting to get a sour throat and my left nostril was stuffy (or as Claire says snuffy), hopefully my body can shake it, who knows!
Last night Paige had a 102 degree fever and another bad night sleep, then this morning she woke up coughing her head off. When I tried to lay her down to change her diaper she got really upset and was saying "no, no, sit up, sit up". I sat her up and saw that her nose was covered in dried green snot so I wiped all that off and then grabbed the infamous nose sucker. She saw that coming and got even more upset causing herself to blow a lot of the snot out on her own. What worried me was that the mucus was all bloody. Now between both the girls and even myself I have had yellow and green mucus but never blood, so I grabbed the phone and made an appointment with the pediatrician. Come to find out she was a mild case of Pneumonia and a slight ear infection in her right ear. Poor thing no wonder she didn't want to lay down to change her diaper and is sleeping terribly at night. We have her on antibiotics for the next 5 days but, even after they are done they continue to stay in her system for another 5 days. The doctor said that she could her crackling in her lungs and the antibiotic that she prescribed will help with the bacteria that is in her lungs therefore, help the coughing subside some so hopefully she will start to be able sleep better at nap and nighttime. She looks so pathetic you should see her. You can tell that she is exhausted by just looking at her glazed over eyes that are no quite all the way open. Wish get well wishes for my little girl, please!
There is nothing worse than when your child is sick. Thanks for calling lastnight, Julie, and letting me know the details. I sure hope the meds start taking effect very quickly and that Claire does not get worse. I will keep good thoughts for all four of you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Julie.. I sure hope Paige is feeling better soon and I that Claire doesn't get worse.. I am sure you are all exhausted. Saying a prayer everything turns around for the better soon!
ReplyDeleteYikes!!! DO NOT breathe out your windows or doors and contaminate the air over here!!! But seriously, hope you are all on the mend over there. Did I see Amy at dance???? is Claire better already??
ReplyDeleteReally? I always have blood in my snot....can't believe I just wrote that. I just thought it was normal. Have fun at Trivia. I just thought the other day I haven't been to one in forever...usually do a few a year. So I need to see when our parish one is.
ReplyDelete