Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Saving Grace!

I had the WORST headache yesterday, it came on about 3:30pm. I don't usually get headaches but this one was turning into more of a migraine by the minute. I tried to take the girls into the family room and turn on a t.v. show while I laid on the couch with my eyes closed hoping that it would pass. Claire was doing great but Paige is not into t.v. at all and was quickly destroying the house. As 4pm approached I felt like my head was going to explode and then I started to feel like I might get sick. I quickly grabbed the phone and called Cory asking him if he could leave work early and head home, he said he would leave in about 15-20 minutes. I knew that I had to go lay down so I took Paige upstairs and put her in her crib as I did not know what else to do and I couldn't let her roam all over the house for the next hour until Cory was home. Man was she mad at me, she was crying and screaming for me to come get her out (which wasn't helping my head), but I just couldn't do it. There I was laying in the fetal position in bed when my sweet little Claire came upstairs telling me that she had to go potty but then she would take care of Paige. She was so quite, she told Paige that she would be right back that she had to go potty. Then the next thing I know Claire is asking me if I wanted her to close my bedroom door so I could rest better. Of course, I would have LOVED to be able to block everything out but I needed to have the door open so I could at least hear everything that was going on in Paige's room. I told her "no, thank you" and asked that she go play with Paige. To make a long story short Claire went into Paige's room and got more toys and books, (I had put two toys in the crib already) handed them to Paige and then climbed into the crib herself. She played in there with Paige for 40 minutes and actually got her quited down enough that I was able to dose off for about 15 minutes. Even though I wish I could have slept a little longer that 15 minutes helped my head a TON! Of course Cory didn't leave when he said he would making it so that he got home at his normal time, but I had my little Claire/helper as my saving grace yesterday and I don't know what I would have done without her!

3 comments:

  1. It really is so great the older they get, that they can start to help US!! Good job Claire!! Have you had migraines before??? I find Excedrin migraine is the only thing that helps me, it has asprin, tylenol and caffeine in in. I feel it is mostly the aspirin that works!! I can give you a few just to keep on hand, in case there is a next time. Luckily it was on wed and not thurs though, huh, bc of work. glad you are better. they are the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time that happens, CALL ME! The girls can come over and play and you can rest. That's what neighbors are for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good little helper! Way to go Claire!

    ReplyDelete