Friday, November 28, 2008
In the spirit
We brought up the Christmas tree today and decorated it. Claire was SO excited to put up the tree and to do the ornaments. I didn't think that she would be as into it this year as she was, it was really adorable. Even Paige was trying to hang some of the ornaments (with help from her big sister of course)... Claire kept walking around the living room saying look daddy me and mommy are decorating the tree, mommy says that I am doing a great job! Very proud of herself she was for sure. I am usually a total pill/really anal about where on the tree the ornaments go. You have to put the small ones at the top, the big ones at the bottom. You can't put two of the same color or same size too close together etc. This is one of the reason that Cory can't stand decorating the tree with me. This year was different though, for the most part I really didn't care. Claire was having so much fun and feeling like such a BIG girl that I was enjoying her excitement too much to worry about where on the tree the ornaments were placed. I can already tell that this Christmas is going to be one for the memory books. Today was just the beginning of the excitement and joy that Christmas is going to bring to our family this year. I was thinking to myself as we were all in the living room decorating the tree together, this is one memory that I will hold onto forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the new picture!!! It is so fun to see the kids get so into the decorating, isn't it. Brooke was the same exact way this year!! The only problem was, that she had to hold all that excitement in, while waiting an hour for me to put on the lights. The pre-lit is DEFINATELY the way to go. Your tree looks pretty so far in the window. Can't wait till it gets dark to see more. Also like your wreath on the door:)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, the squirrels have already attacked our cones we made yesterday. We got home just now and there was a whole family of squirrels around them!!