Last night Cory, Claire (we left Paige home with grandma) and I went up to one of our neighbors house for dinner and to hang out. We decided instead of doing the actual dinner thing that we would do appetizers instead. I took my "Chili Cheese Dip" which I know is good and a new recipe "Philadelphia Buffalo Chicken Dip" to try for the first time. I had read only good reviews about it but of course I was a little nervous as to how it would go over. Well the men dove into it and absolutely LOVED it and I do have to say that it was mighty good, I will definitely make it again. We also had some YUMMY chicken salad that Kelli made and Carol brought her famous wienies wrapped in bacon sprinkled with brown sugar (none of this was fattening either, lol)........I also took brownies and Kelli made some strawberry shortcake. All the food was wonderful I think we should do it once a month, gosh can you imagine we would probably get as big as a house. We were joking as we were eating saying it was like Thanksgiving, there was so much food and we were all so full, yet we just kept eating.....
We had a great time all the kids played in the basement (for the most part, they had to come up and check on us from time to time) and the adults had some drinks and just caught up. We only had a few bumps in the road. Somehow Claire got picked to be the one who got to go to "jail" and by this I mean locked in the dark in the closet. My poor baby she was so scared I could hear her becoming more and more panicked as the adults tried to figure out a way to get her out. It just so happened that the one closet she got locked in didn't have a key to go with it. Since my foot is broken and it is difficult to get up and down the steps I couldn't get to her in the basement. Cory was outside the door trying to calm her down and Carol being a quick thinking mom says let's sing a song. Kelli is running trying to get a credit card out of her wallet (apparently this has happened before and her dad used his cc to get the door open) and Lee was having a few words with the kids. It seemed to take forever for them to get Claire out but all and all as I look back now she wasn't in there anymore than 5 minutes. Good thing that she isn't afraid of the dark I think it was just the whole idea of not being able to get out.
How did she get out you ask? Well the lock for the door is actually on the inside so once we all calmed down for a minute we told Claire she could open it by turning the button and then the knob and voila, she was out!! Whew!! I don't know who was more frazzled me or Claire.
All and all the evening went very well and everyone kids/parents had a good time. I know we all say this all the time, but we truly are so lucky to have great neighbors and friends.
It WAS a fun night!! I was soooo miserable when I got home though, from eating so much. We reheated the wienies for lunch today...somehow, they just aren't as good the next day. Did Claire have any bad dreams last night???
ReplyDeleteWhose kid thought it would be a good idea to lock someone in the closet as a jail? Sheesh! All in all it was a super fun night and I would be up for alternating one month going out and one month staying in, easier on the budget and the kids get to play. You guys are so fun!! Oh, and I'll give you a call about this but would it be alright if Claire came over to play Fri. morning instead of Wed. morning? Let me know!
ReplyDelete