Monday, November 17, 2008

One of THOSE Days......

Wow, today has been one of those days that I think that I am going to lose my mind. The girls are into everything and driving me absolutely CRAZY! I love my daughter's to death don't get me wrong but I am not sure that I am going to get through the day at the rate that we are going.

Claire is SO attached to me that it is about to literally drive me crazy. Every time I sit down she wants to get on my lap, if I try to go into the office and check my email she is in there with me talking my ear off or sitting at her desk (which consists of a full Rubbermaid container that needs to be taken down stairs with her stool from her make-up table)drawing, coloring or painting. Why she has to be with me seriously ALL THE TIME I don't understand it. I mean if she is not sitting on my lap she has to be right next to me with her hand on my leg or is leaning against me. Also, when we were at our neighbors house over the weekend Ms. Kelli asked Claire if she wanted to have a play date with Tia this week on Wednesday? I said that they should work out great and now all day Claire has been asking me when we are going to Ms. Kelli's for our play date with Tia. Note to self next time do not let Claire hear us talk about play dates, just surprise her on the day of.

I am trying to break Paige of her binky and blankie and it is not going well. First step is getting her to the point where she can only have them when she is sleeping or in the car. It has been going well for the past 4 days, when she would ask for them I would tell her that they were night night, she would say okay and move on. TODAY is a different story, she keeps walking around the house whining and crying for them. If I tell her they are night night then she tells me that she wants to go night night. Seriously, you are what almost 19 months and you have already figured out how to work the system??

So to get out of the house so I did not do harm to either of them or myself we jumped in to the car to go for a ride. As we drove I saw that gas prices are down to $1.76, wahoo!! I also listened to Ryan Seacrest's radio show. He starting talking about this new technology that grocery stores are coming out with. They are talking about getting a High Tech Cart Cleaning System that would be like a car wash but for carts. This would be great to cut back on all the germs that we and our kids are exposed to every time we go to the store. I am however one of those moms that grabs a disinfect wipe either out of my purse or from the containers they have out and wipe all the bars and straps down before anyone touches it because of all those nasty germs. They then got into a long conversation about where germs are that we don't even think about. They said those lovely trays that fold down from the back of the airplane seats, how many times are they wiped down if ever. One lady called in and said menu's at restaurants, that's it I am officially grossed out and the radio goes off. I make such an effort when I go out to eat that I wipe down the table especially where the girls are going to eat with my wipes and then to find out that all my hard work is blown to he** because I just touched that dirty/germy menu and now I am cutting up their food. Sigh!

Anyways tonight I am going to my girlfriend Elizabeth's Tupperware party and plan on stopping at Starbucks on my way to get a Peppermint Hot Chocolate. I am not much of a coffee drinker but Hot Chocolate I LOVE. Last year around this time, Cory's aunt Lisa introduced me to Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate that they only offer around the holidays. So if I can just get through the next 4 hours until Cory gets home and then I can escape to the sound of nothing in my car on the way to the party while sipping my hot chocolate my day will end better than it started. And please don't get me wrong I love my kids and love spending all this time with them while they are young and I get to watch them experience everything for the first or second time, however, there are days like today that mommy just needs a break.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate and evening out at Elizabeth's. It sure doesn't help that you are on crutches and having to do everything with the girls. I pray that the doctor says you are totally healed next week and you can start walking without crutches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to have the hot chocolate!! It's been too warm here for it.. We will have to go get some while I am back there!!!

    ReplyDelete