Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What a way to start off the day.....

We had just started to get up and going this morning when the phone rang at 8:15am. I noticed from caller ID that it was Cory calling from work. This is not unusual as we talk every morning, however, we don't usually talk that early because he knows that I am busy getting the girls ready for our day. I answered the phone and said "you don't usually call this early" and he replied "I know but I just realized that I have something that is going to make it very hard for you to go anywhere today". Right away I knew, he had my car keys!! We went out to Best Buy last night to get me my Christmas present, a new camera and we took my car. Cory said that he had so much stuff to carry in from the car last night that he stuck my keys in his coat pocket and forgot to take them out and hang them on our key hook. I immediately started to panic because I was suppose to be leaving in about 40 minutes to take Claire to school and I also have to go to work later today around 3:45pm. Of course I started to get very upset with him and told him he better get back in the car and start heading home. (For those of you that read my blog and don't know Cory works downtown and it takes him about 40 minutes one way). He told me that he couldn't leave because he had a meeting at 9am. So my wheels start turning and I quickly called my sister to see if she could come pick up Claire and take her to preschool after she was finished dropping my nephew off at his preschool. She was here by a little after 9am and they were out the door, Claire made it to school right on time. Whew!! Thank god for sisters!!
I called Cory back and told him that Amy was able to take Claire to school, however, she can not pick her up and he needs to be home by 12:30pm so one of us can get Claire and then I can still go to work later this afternoon. He said that would work and he will be here. For those of you wondering if we have a spare key to my car the answer is yes, however, Cory keeps it on his key ring so not only did he have my key he also has the spare. I told him that there is really no need for him to have my spare key on his key ring and he needs to take it off and leave it at home. He replied that he will just get an extra key made, whatever, do what you need to let's just make sure this doesn't happen again.

2 comments:

  1. Okay,that does set your whole day off, doesn't it! But you have to be nice to him.....you got your new camera:) Hey, did you see the sign in Tims yard???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli must have given you my email! Yeah! I can read your blog once again! Sounds like a bummer of a morning...makes us wonder what we did with only 1 car or no cars!

    ReplyDelete