Sunday was my cookie exchange, this is the 3rd year in a row that I have done it. I almost didn't have it this year but after a couple of friends expressed how bummed they were that I wasn't going to do it I changed my mind. It gets easier and easier every year as I get more use to the routine. I also had WONDERFUL help from my AWESOME husband. He helped me clean the house from top to bottom all day/night on Saturday. During the party he entertains the girls (usually he will take them and go out for a few hours, however it was just too darn cold this year with the temp being around 14 degrees and the wind chill even lower)so they played in the basement. Then once the party was over he helped, well basically cleaned up everything for me. Thanks again honey, your the best!! It is always nice to just have to make a kind of cookie or in my case chocolate-peanut butter mallow bars and then when the party is over have a variety of about 11 types of cookies. Thanks to everyone who came it is always nice to see everyone and catch up during the holidays!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Cookies, Cookies and More Cookies
Sunday was my cookie exchange, this is the 3rd year in a row that I have done it. I almost didn't have it this year but after a couple of friends expressed how bummed they were that I wasn't going to do it I changed my mind. It gets easier and easier every year as I get more use to the routine. I also had WONDERFUL help from my AWESOME husband. He helped me clean the house from top to bottom all day/night on Saturday. During the party he entertains the girls (usually he will take them and go out for a few hours, however it was just too darn cold this year with the temp being around 14 degrees and the wind chill even lower)so they played in the basement. Then once the party was over he helped, well basically cleaned up everything for me. Thanks again honey, your the best!! It is always nice to just have to make a kind of cookie or in my case chocolate-peanut butter mallow bars and then when the party is over have a variety of about 11 types of cookies. Thanks to everyone who came it is always nice to see everyone and catch up during the holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
DONT ask how many we have left over here.....Thanks again for doing it again this year, it really helps kick off the season!! Tomorrow the kids and I have to bake even MORE cookies for my moms on Christmas eve. Looks like we may be iced in again, anyway. Thank you for the baking soda....Mike got a kick out of "making the deal" with you!!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! Fun idea. Hope you guys have a merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHello.....A little Christmas post would be nice!!:) I'm just sayin. Hey, we will prob. be outside later on-50* today!!!
ReplyDelete