Monday, December 29, 2008

I have seen the light

For the last couple of months I have been contemplating having another baby even though Cory has told me numerous times that he does not want anymore. I keep going back and forth, however, yesterday I saw the light so to speak. We decided to take the girls to McDonald's for lunch and then go to Target and even to the park on the way home since it was a pretty decent day out. The whole day yesterday was so calm and relaxing that I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. While we were at McDonald's both the girls sat in the booth so nicely and ate with hardly any assistance from me or Cory. Every now and then I had to help Paige get a piece of chicken on her fork but for the most part we were all able to sit and eat our food while it was still warm. They both did great at Target and had a blast at the park. It really opened my eyes and showed me how much easier my life is going to be in just a few more months when Paige is 2 and Claire is 4. I can now be sure that I do not want to start all over with someone who is completely dependent on me in every way, shape and form. Yes, babies are so sweet and wonderful but then they start to get mobile and make your life so much more complicated. I will just wait until one of our friends or family members has a little munchkin of their own that I can get my baby fix from. Then I will go back home to my wonderful family and remember why I am so thankful that my girls are getting to the age where they don't need mommy and daddy quite as much!

1 comment:

  1. I have a GREAT idea!!!!! Just get a puppy for Killian!!!!! You can still get out and about because you can crate him! Although it is kinda like having a newborn at times. I have to say, that so far this puppy experience is easier than the first puppy time with Spanky. We'll see! It is nice when the kids get older, the only thing is they start to argue over EVERY little thing!

    ReplyDelete