The weather that we are having today definitely confirms that fall has arrived. My mother in law and I took the girls to the park to let them run around and get some fresh air. Since I am not able to run around with the girls I sat on the "sidelines" and just watched everything that was going on around me. The first sign of fall that I saw was all the beautiful colors that the leaves are changing to, as the breeze was blowing I could smell fall in the air and seeing all the leaves that were falling from the trees got me even more excited for the holidays to arrive. Another sign of fall was over in the gazebo that was close to the playground I saw a group of older ladies carving pumpkins. I don't know what it is about a carved pumpkin that just confirms that Halloween is around the corner. At first I was looking at all the different patterns that the pumpkins were displaying and thinking that certain ones were really neat and then I began to wonder why they had already carved them seeing as how today is the 13th and they will be rotten before Halloween arrives.
I couldn't believe how many grandparents had taken their grandkids to the park today. I was fun to watch how grandma and grandpa relate and play with the little ones, especially when the parents aren't around. I had so much fun watching this one grandma in particular with her two twin grandsons that will be 2 in November. She was pushing them both in the swings side by side doing "underdog" over and over again with them and seeing the joy on all three of their faces just brought a smile to my face....
It does TOTALLY stink that I am off my foot for the next 5 weeks but I tell myself that if this hadn't happened to me then I wouldn't have been sitting on the "sidelines" and I might not have seen all these fall/fun things going on around me. Maybe this is Gods way of telling me that I need to slow down and enjoy life and all the beautiful things that it has to offer us. Don't get me wrong though I am SO ready to be done with these crutches and boot, I have learned my lesson after just one and a half weeks don't need to experience it for 5 more.
So true, fall has arrived...Yeah!!! That's great that you are able to see the Positives in your injured state. God does have a way of getting our attention, after we refuse to listen one too many times, he says, okay.....my turn. I am too guilty of not living enough in the moment myself! Lord, I have learned through Julie that I need to enjoy every moment and all the little things in each day. There's no need to let me break something too. (tee-hee)
ReplyDelete