Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kudos to Me

Since I can not go anywhere these days unless I am completely by myself or have another adult with me to help with the kids I have pretty much been under what feels like house arrest. So when the girls and I (okay basically me) are going completely stir crazy and need to get out of the house I simply put them in the car and we just drive. Now through my drives I have found a beautiful pond with gorgeous oak trees all around it that we check out about once a week to see when the leaves seem to be in full peak because I think I am going to try and have our Christmas card pic taken there. But the best of my finds is a park that I can take the girls to be myself! It is a small park that only has 4 swings and three slides that are attached to one another via a platform for the kids to climb on. It works out perfectly because I can park my car right along the curb where the kids climb out directly onto the park grounds and within about 15 feet they are at the playground equipment. My biggest fear in taking them anywhere by myself is getting Paige across the parking lot safely and with this park I don't have to worry about that. We were there today for about 40 minutes and it was a beautiful day for it.
However, now I am getting ready to take Paige to the doctor because she will not go down for her nap which is totally not like her, usually I lay her down and she is out for the count. Not today she stood crying and screaming for me for an hour, when I would hold her she would be fine and fall right to sleep however as soon as I lay her down she was up screaming again. Who knows maybe it is a fluke thing but her appetite hasn't been good lately and she has had a cold for over a week now. I just want to be sure incase this whole episode happens again at bedtime when the doctors are all home for the night.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an ear infection??? It probably throbs when you lye her down. Well who knows. Hope you found out by now. Where is the pond and park you are talking about?? Don't worry, we wont get our Christmas pic taken there:) Hey, tomorrow eve is the fall harvest at Bonhomme in case you want to take the kids. Remember last yr.....crafts, petting area etc. I know you work but it goes til 7:30

    ReplyDelete