Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Is it an Earthquake?

No, it is just the men on my roof making my house shake like one. Wow, I guess I was never home when we had our roof replaced when I was younger, or maybe we never had our roof replaced seeing as we moved a lot.

We were woken up this morning at 6:40am to the sound of scraping and what sounded like someone who weighed 300 pounds walking across our roof. I mean seriously I know that you know there are people sleeping below you do you really have to STOMP across the roof, it was almost like them saying we are awake and at work so you need to wake up too! Well they scared the total you know what out of Claire who started screaming and crying not knowing what was going on except that she was asleep one minute and then heard strange men's voices and a scraping sound. I kept waiting to hear from Paige but I never did so I got up, got dressed, put on my sexy walking boot and headed to check on her. Both Cory and I couldn't see how she would be able to sleep through all that noise, but sure enough as I entered her room there she was asleep on her back with her blanket over her head not being bothered one bit by all the ruckus that was happening right above her precious little head. I would like to know how all that noise didn't bother her but when I came in with my crutches she heard that and woke up am I really that loud with them??
So our morning started off at 6:45am and by 9am it seemed like it should be at least 11am, here it is 10:30am now and I swear to you it should be lunch time. Anyway enough of the babbling, what is interesting is that the reason that our house is shaking more than it should is because we have to replace all the wood under the shingles. Yep, it seems whoever built our house decided to skimp on the nice thick sturdy wood and went with the thinner cheap kind. SO now we get to replace the wood which is going to cost us between another $1-$2,000 that we weren't expecting. The best part is that one of those lovely 300 lb men stepped through the ceiling in the girls bathroom because the roof/wood was so rotten, so Cory gets to replace that when this is all said and done.
I am going to stop talking about it now as it just makes my head hurt, hope you all are having a better Wednesday then we are, I tell you when it rains it pours. Why is it that money can't go out a little at a time?

4 comments:

  1. OMG, having to replace all of the wood. Okay, that is not good with the added expense and then one of the men stepping through the ceiling. Can't believe Paige was able to sleep through all that ruckus until you came in with your crutches. I know you will be glad when all the noise stops and, hopefully, no one else goes through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if it was crazy loud over there!! I was home with Spanky at our old house (a ranch too)when they replaced our roof, it was SOOOOO loud and really gave me anxiety!! Is it any better on the first floor? I can't believe one fell through!! Yeah, the plywood IS what gets ya, that's what jacked up our bill last time too! NOT what you want to spend your $ on, huh. Come over if you want..... I have to work around 2:00, but if you need a break from the noise...come on over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh. What a pain. I hate roof stuff. No fun at all. Oh well. I promise I will ooh and aah over your new roof to hopefully make you feel a little better about the money you've spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez that stinks. Although, it sounds like you are getting all your bad luck out of the way now! Nothing but good, positive things must be headed your way!

    ReplyDelete