Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Little Escape Artist

Well the day has come and WAY WAY to early, Paige has learned how to climb out of her crib. Claire and I ran out to do a quick errand tonight so Cory was in charge of little Ms. Paige. While we were gone Cory wanted to check something on the computer and seeing as how when you are on the computer Paige likes to try to go through every drawer so Cory decided instead of fight her on it he would just put her in her crib for a few minutes. Well not even 2 minutes had passed from the time he put her in the crib until she was making an entrance that seemed to say "hey dad, how's it going, that little plan of yours didn't work out to well". At first Cory thought that I had come home and gotten her out without him noticing but it didn't take him long to realize it was all Paige.
When Claire and I got home Cory said "we have an escape artist on our hands", I knew from the way that he was looking at me that she had climbed out of her crib. This was not too much of a shock to me seeing as how she has been getting into everything lately and just this afternoon she had climbed up onto our table in just a matter of minutes. I look into the kitchen and there she is sitting in the middle of the table pulling all of my napkins out of my napkin holder. As I am freaking out and trying to get to her as fast as I can possible hobble she got down from the table just as easily as she got up and before I could reach her.
Guess we will be lowering the crib to the lowest setting this weekend. Man this is just an example of some of the differences between she and Claire. Claire NEVER climbed out of her crib or even tried to and here we have Paige at not quite 18 months and she has already mastered it. Claire is definitely our cautious one where Paige is our fearless one, I am already seeing many difference between a first and second child good thing we aren't having a third.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I hope lowering the bed will do the trick. She might figure that out pretty quickly, too. She is definitely the climber. I would like to have seen Cory's face when she appeared at his door. Julie, Paige is testing you to see if you can run with your crutches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, our boys never did master the art of climbing out of their cribs...not that I am complaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I am not surprised though. I thought you've had it on the lowest setting all this time. Andrew fell (not climbed) out of the crib back in May when he was 13 months, scared the you know whats out of us as we heard this HUGE thud while he was napping. It was on the 2nd setting, so it's been on the lowest ever since that night. I am just waiting for the day now when he climbs out again.

    ReplyDelete