Sunday, September 28, 2008

7 Years!

September 29, 2001, Webster Groves Presbyterian Church at 5pm, that is when I became Mrs. Cory Montgomery.....Wow I can't believe that it has already been 7 years since that day. Cory and I first met the summer after our senior year in high school, summer of 95, we were introduced by our friends Lara & Jim. Things didn't really go anywhere with Lara & Jim but as you all know it worked out for Cory and I. Like most people Cory and I started off as friends and dated on and off through the first two years of college, it wasn't until I came home to attend school that Cory and I became serious, SO I guess you can say that we have been together since 1997. When you have been with someone for over 11 years there isn't much you don't know about each other if anything. I am so lucky to have him not only as my husband but my best friend as well. I decided to play the song that you are listening to right now because it really describes exactly how I feel about Cory and our marriage. The second song that you will hear if you listen long enough is the song that we danced to at our reception aka our wedding song!
We celebrated on Saturday night by going out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was so nice to be able to concentrate on only each other and have a real dinner conversation. We had fun remembering fun moments we have had together over the past 7years and just enjoyed each others company and laughing together. After dinner we thought about going to a movie but there really isn't anything of interest out right now so we just took our time and walked around the mall. We were both so full from dinner that we thought we would probably feel better if we tried to walk some of it off if nothing else just moved so the food would not feel so heavy in our stomachs. It was nice to be able to walk through the mall holding hands, it felt just like it did 11 years ago when our journey together first started.
Thank you honey for all the wonderful memories we have made I can't wait to make many many more with you and our girls as we journey through our lives together as husband and wife.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet. Time flies when youre having fun. You guys are so fun together!! Hope you are all feeling better over there. What did the ped say about Paige? Drink plenty of water!!
    Oh, what kind of cheese cake did you get???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. You look like a hot mama in that black top and jeans! I'm glad you guys had a fun time out. We'll do movie night another time - and we'll actually plan ahead for it. Yes! We'd love to have a play date on Wednesday. Let me know what time works for you. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, belated! I can't believe it's 4 yrs for us tomorrow. We're going to Sidney Street Friday night. We'll celebrate tomorrow by attending the daycare family picnic...ha.
    Do you know why I can't hear the music when I open your blog? maybe because I'm reading from work. You want to get the kids together soon?

    ReplyDelete