Friday, September 5, 2008

Wait a minute I don't have a newborn anymore.

Man last night was a tough night for us at the Montgomery household. It was like we had a newborn baby all over again as Claire, yes Claire not Paige had me/us up 3 times last night. I am completely exhausted today as my body is no longer use to getting up every 2-3 hours to feed/comfort a crying baby. Let me just walk you through my night.
2:15am- Claire is calling for me saying she has to go potty. I get up take her to the bathroom where she decides that she is awake and is wanting to have a conversation with me, hello child do you not realize that it is 2am??
2:18am- back in bed now WIDE awake tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. I don't know why this happens to me but once I am up for any reason during the night it is really hard for me to go back to sleep, I think it is a combination of my minding starting to think about what all happen that day and how my day will go tomorrow. And I KNOW it is because my husband is lying next to be snoring away like a chainsaw completely unaware that I have just been up with one of the kids and that I can't sleep now because of his obnoxious snoring.
3:45am- I am just about to fall back to sleep and as I am drifting off I hear Claire crying in her room. I think that maybe I am just hearing things and listen one more time before I hit Cory and wake his snoring a$$ up to go and have a turn. So I listen and yes, it is crying that I hear so I give Cory a shove and tell him that I have already been up with Claire once about an hour and a half ago and I was just about to finally fall asleep so it is his turn. At first he just lays there thinking that I don't know what I am talking about and I know by now he is waiting for confirmation that someone is for sure crying. Frustrated I tell him that I am right and that Claire is crying and for him to get out of bed!! By this point I am wide awake again and hear everything that is going on in Claire's room. I tell myself to just block it out and to try to fall asleep before Cory gets back into bed and is snoring again.
4:18am- I am still awake and YES, the snoring is back into play!! Finally I fall to sleep not sure of what time it was but I think around 4:40ish....
7:20am- I hear someone talking away in her room having a conversation with who knows who and quickly hit Cory as by this time I have absolutely had it with being woken up now 3 times and him not hearing any of the times (probably because he can't hear over his own snoring).... I don't care that Claire is awake persay (sp?) I am just afraid that she is going to wake up Paige with her babbling.

Someone please tell me why moms are the only ones that hear anything that goes on in the house in the middle of the night? Why do the guys get to just lay there sleeping/dreaming/snoring away while we are on duty once again. Do they not understand that we are on duty all day long and are just as tired if not more tired than them? Cory tells me all the time that he is sorry and that he can't help it he just goes to sleep and it isn't his fault that I can't just go to sleep. Thanks honey, thanks a lot I think the reason that I can't sleep is because I know that he won't hear anything so I have to and he can sleep because he knows that I am still on duty! Okay I am now done venting, thank you all for letting me and listening.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. Moms always hear everything. Our job is definately 24/7. Mike says I snore loud too, so I don't think Cory's snoring keeps him from hearing things. I think God just made our motherly instinct that much more intune. I can actually hear little footsteps walking into my room at night, before they even say anything to me. It's funny, because at work when I work nights and have to bring a baby into a pts room to nurse, the mom wakes up, but the dads (99%) keep sleeping and snoring.......and the baby is screaming usually. Hope you got some sleep last night. If you are up tonight at all, think of me, I am on the night shift tonight with all those snoring dads.

    ReplyDelete