Monday, September 8, 2008

A Week of Firsts

Well we are going to have a busy household this week as we are starting a new school year for both Claire and myself. Tomorrow will be Claire's first official day at school, my first day back with my SNAP kids and our first time with our new sitter Leah (without me being home).....I am a little nervous how the girls are going to do with Leah, when she came over a few weeks ago to meet everyone and hear the routine the girls really liked her, but Claire will have had school all day (Tues is her long day 9-1pm) and will probably take a nap, so when she wakes up I will be gone. Also, I have noticed that Paige really watches to see how Claire handles situations and if she is calm and happy then so is Paige, however, if Claire is upset and crying about something then Paige usually starts in too. I have been talking to Claire today about starting school tomorrow and she is SO excited, she has already told me what she wants to bring for lunch, twice!! I plan on talking to her about Leah coming and me probably being gone when she wakes up from her nap at least 2-3 more times before tomorrow afternoon, she usually does really well in situations that she is prepared for, she isn't much for surprises...I will let you all know how tomorrow unfolds, wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be a big day for everyone. I hope Claire is happy with her new school and that both girls will like Leah. I also hope you have a good group of kids for SNAP. Good luck. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls looked to be having a blast with Leah over there today. They were playing outside on their bikes when we left to run errands. Cory's message was so cute today about the phone numbers. We were just on our way out the door, and I heard his voice so listened to the message and passed on the info to Leah, she already saw the numbers though, she said. Hope your first day back at work was good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite possible I misplaced my brain cells somewhere, but what again is SNAP? Hope everything is going smoothly!

    ReplyDelete