Labor Day weekend was a lot of fun for me considering my best friend Nicole came in town from Mississippi with her two little ones. Nicole and I have been friends since our Junior Year (correct me if I am wrong on this Nicole) in high school. She is one of those friends that you know will be there for you no matter what and you always have a blast with even if it is just sitting around having breakfast. It totally sticks that she lives so far away and that we don't get to see each other more often, but whenever she is in town we try our hardest to make the best of it. We got together on Saturday night with some of our other friends and their kiddos and tried to catch up with everyone, but as you moms out there know it is hard to have a real conversation when there are children in the mix. SO we decided to go to breakfast just the two of us on Sunday. I left the girls with Cory and she left her two with her mom and we met at IHOP for some true catching up and then we even went shopping! Now as most of you already know I have been dieting for a little over a year now and am still watching what I eat trying to get off a few more pounds. Since I try to stay away from the greasy/fattening foods when I do eat them my stomach isn't use to it anymore and it doesn't really care for it. You all probably can get an idea of where I am going with this. As Nicole and I were shopping all the sudden my stomach just starts rumbling and I immediately look to see where the closest bathroom is, lucky for me it is just down the aisle. I kept on talking to Nicole and helping her look for some cute pants for her little one and then all the sudden there was no more holding off, so I looked at Nicole and said I will be back I have to go to the bathroom. I think at first she probably didn't think anything of it but after I was gone for awhile I am sure she figured it out. When I got back to her I said "sorry, my stomach is upset" and all she did was laugh and say "what is going on". I thought I would be good to go but within another 10 minutes or so I felt the rumbling coming on and set off to the bathroom once again. Nicole didn't even ask I just said " I'll be back" and left. Now you know when you can be that open with someone about a topic such as this that you have a true friendship! After all the things that Nicole and I have seen each other do and through this was nothing. Thanks for just laughing along with me Nicole and for going with the flow. Here are some pics of the kids from Saturday night!
Luke & Claire- he is only 10 months older than her but look at the height difference!
Cory making Kate laugh, she is a few days shy of 9 months.
Paige riding on the Octopus.
Kate again!
Looks like you guys had a fun time. I wish we could have been there!
ReplyDeleteAnd Julie..I can totally relate on the tummy grumbling bathroom dash!
It's always so fun to go out to lunch (bkfst) with old girlfriends. Shopping too?! I bet you felt like you were in HS or college again with such "freedom". Love the girls matching dresses! Oh, and the pics from today on my blog were actually from yesterday when the kids went for just an hour, but I posted them today since this was the first "real" day. That's why little Tia is in the pic. You are on it julie!! Nice to know someone actually pays attention to what I write:)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of the kids. Can't get over how much Luke has grown and Kate is a cutie. How nice that you and Nicole could go off on your own Sunday with no children and really catch up on everything.
ReplyDeleteOK, I finally made it back to the blog! I promise not to lose the link again! Thanks for all the nice words about me and I love the pictures of all the kids. I had a great time seeing everyone. I miss you already!
ReplyDeleteNicole