Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Never a dull moment

Well I was going to blog about yesterday and how it all went but after what just happened in our household about 45 minutes ago is just too good not to share! First, for those of you that I haven't talked to yesterday went GREAT! Claire had an awesome first day at school, her favorite parts were music where the teachers had bubbles and the kids got to pop them with their feet and then going outside where she played on the twisty slide. We got home the girls both took naps but were up before I left for work so the transition to our sitter went very smoothly (well Paige cried but only for a few minutes and that is to be expected) and my first night at SNAP (Special Non-Public Access Program, sorry Becke forgot not everyone is familiar with Special School District terms)went well too. I have 6th, 7th and 8th graders this year which is great, last year I had 2nd-5th no thank you still too immature for me especially since I am use to high school so middle schoolers (is that a word)are a good middle ground.



NOW about today, the girls and I were having a great day playing around the house, dressing up in their Halloween costumes (to make sure they still fit) and playing outside. We all had a nice lunch together and today was turning out to be a beautiful day as how could it not be with weather like this, 70's in the beginning of September just makes me feel good and getting me ready for the holidays to begin. Anyways, let's get back on topic here, before we went outside I asked Claire is she needed to go to the bathroom and she said that she was fine and if she needed to go she would just come inside and use the potty. I said fine seeing as how we are just going to be playing outside in the driveway. Well I saw her grabbing herself a couple of times and both times I told her to go ahead and go inside and go potty she kept insisting that she was fine. Finally, after the third grab I insisted that she head inside she she agreed and told me and Paige that she would be right back. She was gone for just about the right amount of time when I heard her coming back outside and crying. I quickly jumped up and ran to meet her at the door and asked her what was wrong (assuming that she had hit her head or fallen etc.) she just looked down and I noticed that she had an accident and didn't quite make it to the bathroom. Claire has been potty trained for over a year now and I do not do well with accidents especially when I told her several time to go the the bathroom. I grab Paige and Claire to get upstairs and change which she does, sobbing the whole way because she knows how disappointed I am in her and I think she is also disappointed in herself. I grabbed some tissues to wipe all the tears and snot and proceed to help her change etc. She is still crying through all of this so I asked Paige to go get me some more tissues, so Paige looks at me and says "tissue" (she is too cute when she says it to) and off she goes to the bathroom and is back in no time handing me the tissues and saying "here". I thank Paige and am trying to calm Claire down and talk with her about what happened when all the sudden I see Paige walk out of the bathroom.................








I guess I should just be happy that she didn't unroll the whole roll of toliet paper after all she was just trying to help, right??

3 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Spanky is usually the one doing that at our house!! Brooke has had a few random accidents over the years, I think they are just having too much fun with what they are doing to stop and go. Love the pics of Claire's first day, what a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute. I have the sweetest pictures of both Sloan and Tia shortly after they learned to crawl sitting in the bathroom with half a roll of TP in their laps. As soon as Landon does it, I'll take a pic of him too. Sweet Paige was such a little helper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Claire's first school day picture. Of course, Paige is priceless holding the tissue box and then when you showed the picture of the bathroom--too funny.

    ReplyDelete