Saturday, July 19, 2008

Time to have a Flashback

When I was at the gym yesterday working out hard to my IPod I started thinking about each song that I have on there and what it reminds me of. SO I thought I would play a little game with any of you who want to participate. I will name the song and what it reminds me of and if any of you wish to respond as to what memory the song brings back to you, feel free:

We will start with the oldies:
Tootsee Roll: dancing a routine to it my senior year on Poms.

Bust A Move: I don't think it would have given me a memory before but now I think of my neighbors Carol & Mike!

U Can't Touch This: My brother in law Jeff talking about his parachute pants that he had just like MC (he is 40 so this was popular when he was in what college?)

Whoomp! There It Is: My dad for sure, he loves this song and every time it would come on didn't matter where we were he would just start singing and dancing. (Still does to this day actually)

The Ditty: My high school days for sure and all my crazy friends!

Always Be My Baby: The summer after our senior year getting ready to go to college and Cory!

Come Baby Come: My BFF, Nicole and the dance she choreographed to it, too funny!

Nuthin' But A "G" Thang: High school all the way, we loved us some Snoop!

Hip Hop Hooray: Again high school, singing it and thinking we were so cool with our arms swaying back and forth.

Now more recent songs:
Bleeding Love: This is Claire's favorite song she actually knows most of the words and will sing it also, my sister in law Lauren LOVES this song. :)

Tattoo and No Air: Both just make me think I should be at the gym, you know how you just associate some songs with some things, well Jordan Sparks makes me think GYM!

Realize: Usually listen to this during my weight lifting time, cooling down.

Stick wit u: Reminds me of an old student who was a pretty good singer and sang this to me and my assistant one day after class.

WOW that was fun, songs are a great way to bring back memories, now I challenge you all to take on the challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I haven't answered your blog yet. With the computer always shutting down, I have to type Quick!!! Love the Pic on the Title, How'd ya do that?? what kind of computer did you guys get? We leave wed early am. Did a trial run with my moms Xanax today....good stuff. Should be a good flight:) Sorry we haven't seen anybody much lately....tooo hot!! If we don't see you before we leave have a good week. If you see any of Sue's sons by our house, you know what to do! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, lets see if my computer stays on for this.....
    I only have a few songs to comment on, heregoes..
    Bust a move- CMSU in a bar watching Mike's friend do his thang
    Can't touch this- Mike used to do a pretty good impression of MC. He never owned parachute pants but did have Zubas.....thank the Good Lord above that times change!!
    No air- I think of you since it's on the CD you burned for me and I really like that song!
    Tootsie roll- I have noooo idea which one that is at the moment.:)
    Whoomp there it is- Have to say, it's not one of my favs, but reminds me probably of a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip Hop Hooray - same as you, waving arms in the air.
    Come baby come- actually reminds me now of one of my fav movies. Somethings Gotta Give, they play it in the begining. Funny movie, but a chick flick for sure!
    Always be my baby- used to sing it to (how old is this one??) either Brooke or Chase while holding them when babies.
    Songs DO hold powerful memories with them, don't they. I can hear a song and it takes me back to that time....so cool.

    ReplyDelete