Okay so today has been one of those days that you hate, where you are counting down the hours until you can go to bed and start fresh the following day.
When I woke up this morning it seemed like an ordinary day, but quickly started to go downhill from there. I decided that I would be a good wife and mom and clean up the house and change sheets on the beds etc. First I did Claire's room and sheets and then worked my way into Paige's room. As I was changing Paige's sheet, emptying her diaper genie etc I asked Claire to clean up her room. Well as all of us mom's know very well their idea of cleaning up and ours are completely different. I do have to hand it to her she is getting better but still has a ways to go. As I was cleaning up the girls rooms, Paige is following me all around the house whining and crying and driving me crazy. After I got done with her room I decided to put her to bed for a morning nap. After I helped steer Claire in the right direction of cleaning her room and basically just redid everything that she had stuck everywhere it didn't belong I asked Claire if she wanted to watch some t.v. and she said "sure". I quickly took her down turned on Arthur, gave her a snack and some milk and thought I could now run up and clean up the master bedroom and change our sheets. WRONG, within 10 minutes I hear Claire downstairs coming toward the steps and I am trying to beat her to the top to tell her to stop and go back downstairs. Even though she is a very petite little girl she can sound like a herd of elephants running through the house at times. She is telling me that Arthur is over and I know good and well that it isn't because it is a 25 minute program, SO I tell her no it isn't and send her back to watch the rest.
Once Paige woke up from her nap we had lunch and then headed to the mall. By the time that lunch time hit I was starting to get a headache and feeling really drowsy and blah, but mom's never get a chance to sit down and rest even when you feel like complete crap. SO I sucked it up and went on with my day and list of errands, heading out the door to the mall. I needed to run in to just one store and get some shampoo so I told Claire that she was going to walk and I was going to carry Paige, not feeling up to dealing with the stroller. Everything was going great until we got into "Regis" it is a hair salon that sells products too. I swear one of the ladies saw me walking in with two little ones (who weren't in strollers) and freaked out, she immediately came running over to me asking if she could help me find something, but I am not on the slow train I knew that she just wanted to help me and get me out before someone (Claire) split or broke something. I told her that I was fine, got what I needed and headed to the register, the whole time the lady is giving a not so pleasant look. Yes, Claire was opening up the shampoos and smelling them but to be honest at that point I was feeling even worse and just DIDN'T CARE!!!!!!!! I so badly just wanted to say to the women "Chill out, you don't have kids do you"? After I got shot one more look of what are you thinking bringing your children into our store without a stroller I gave her a killer smile, said thank you and left. Off to the grocery store we go!
I decided that since I had a ton of stuff to get for the 4th of July get together we are having at our house I would go to Shop N Save and everything was going great until my stomach starting rumbling and not the hungry rumble if you know what I mean. I remembered where the bathroom was and quickly parked the cart, grabbed both the girls and headed into the bathroom. Well as soon as we opened the door I thought my headed was going to explode as the smell was awful. I got the girls into the stall with me and was trying to keep them from touching anything, which is nearly impossible in a tiny a$$ stall that is disgusting from top to bottom. Claire had to go to the bathroom first, of course, so being the good mom that I am I let her go even though my stomach was really hurting by this point, plus there was someone else in the bathroom and I was hoping if Claire went first they would be gone before I went, not knowing how that was going to turn out if you now what I mean. SO Claire is done and I got new toilet paper on the seat and the other women is washing her hands by this time. Well she seems to be taking forever and Claire starts telling me "that something doesn't smell very good". I mouth to her that my tummy hurts and I know, but of course she can't let it go and repeats herself even louder the next time by saying "that really doesn't smell good mommy". Don't forget the whole time this is going on I am trying to keep Paige from sitting down or touching the floor or anything else. FINALLY we are done in the bathroom, I got a few more things and then we headed to the check out line. Why is it that Paige is usually really good until we get to the check out and then she starts yelling and screaming and wanting out? Anyway, I pay and start bagging my grocery with the girls sitting in the cart pointing and talking/screaming to go see Barney. Everyone around me is looking at them and me but again I am to the point that I just DON'T CARE, I am just about to lose my mind because all the bags have huge tears in them and I have to keep re bagging my groceries so keep watching if you want to people because you are about to see me lose it over plastic grocery bags............ Then I go out to the car and start loading all the bags into my car and YEAP they start ripping and dumping all over the back of my car. I am standing in the parking lot screaming "Oh my god, you have got to be kidding me".
FINALLY we get home I am unloading the car and then I notice that Paige is already half way down the driveway heading for the street. I start running after her callng her name and you all remember that game, she starts going even faster instead of stopping, so now I get to hold her and unload the rest of the groceries. Well they are asleep now and I am going to go lay down myself, it has just been one of those days!!!!!!!!
Oh, I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I woke up with a headache too. Must be the impending storms!! I use to have days like that almost EVERY day when Brooke was real little. We went to a movie today. WALLE, pretty good. I know, you got me about my blog. I will blog tonight")
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you had such a bad day. It stinks when you don't feel well and it seems like everything is falling apart and your kids are being...well, kids. Hope tomorrow is better! Happy 4th!
ReplyDelete