Well I did it, Cory has been in Colorado since early Monday morning and comes home this evening. The girls were both really good and we had a good time together, but as of yesterday I was just dragging. I told Claire that I was just so tired, I just felt like I couldn't wake up and I couldn't figure out why, then I realized HELLO you have been a single mom for 3 days now. You wouldn't think that it would affect me that much seeing as how I am on my own with them all day while Cory is at work, but those 3 extra hours each day catches up with you and those 3 extra hours are always the toughest because by 5pm I am so ready for a break. Also, Claire woke up every night since Monday around 2-3am having to go to the bathroom, well last night it was a bad dream about Swiper (Dora the Explorer) stealing her puppy, she hasn't gotten up in the middle of the night for months and then Cory is gone and we had 3 nights in a row of it. So between the not being able to fall asleep until 11:30-midnight because I am paranoid and hear every little sound, my sleep being interrupted for 3 nights straight and trying to think of fun things to keep us busy I now understand why I am so tired.
BUT, Cory is home tonight from his Leadership meeting in Colorado and all should be well again. They said that it was a meeting but Whitewater Rafting doesn't sound much like a meeting to me. They also helped to build new stairs for a company that works with kids at risk and with disabilities. I am not complaining because also on this trip were some people that it doesn't hurt to get to know better on both a professional and personal level, if you know what I mean. So welcome home honey and thanks for bringing some of the cooler weather with you, this is crazy 67 degrees on July 24th.
What is going on there??!! 67degrees??? I didn't know it was that cool there! Crazy. Sorry you've been having such a tiring time. It really does make you tired to have the kids all by yourself plus I can never sleep good when Mike's gone, I'm afraid a robber will come in. I think the worst thing making you tired is Claire waking up in the middle of the night, ya know. Interrupted sleep can exhaust you. Hope your weekend is more relaxing.
ReplyDeleteHeLLLLOOOO!! I'm on vacation and still manage to keep up with the blog world.......Where are YOU??? Just giving you trouble Julie. Hope you're having a good day.
ReplyDelete