Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Butterfly House

Today, Aunt Lauren, Great Aunt Lisa, Great Grandma and I took the girls to The Butterfly House, I have been there one other time about a year ago when Claire was 2and Paige was only a few months old. It was fun to watch both of the girls faces as the butterflies flew past them. Paige kept trying to catch one and Claire was the complete opposite, where she liked to look at them but had no desire to touch one. Apparently the lotion that I put on my legs this morning must be a favorite of the white and black butterflies as they were all flying around my legs and even landing on me. At first I didn't mind them as I know that they are just butterflies and don't bite but then I looked down and saw them moving their legs all around as if they were sharpening their claws to go in for a nice taste. I could tell that Claire did not like them being on my legs she had a concerned look on her face along with saying, "no mommy, get them off your legs". By this time I was ready for them to be off me too, but didn't want Claire to see that I was getting a little freaked out, so I moved my legs back and forth and it worked they flew away. Paige on the other hand loved them being on my legs for they were just at her level and she kept trying to catch/smash one! After we left the butterflies we headed over to the playground to run around with about 100 other kids and then headed home. Here are some pictures that I took it really is a pretty place to take some good pictures with the water falls and flowers, when the girls get a little older and will cooperate for pictures a little better we will go back.






1 comment:

  1. cute pictures! I'll have to buck it up and take the kids there someday, I don't like being hot! Looks like the girls enjoyed it for the most part! That park does get soooo crowded doesn't it. We went with B's green room and I paniced a few times cause I couldn't keep track of her like I can at other parks. Thank you for the nice entry. I'll leave you alone now:)

    ReplyDelete