Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lightning Bugs

While I was outside with Killian (our dog) the other night I noticed something, I hardly saw any lightning bugs. Back when I was in elementary school I remember going outside late at night during the summer with a glass jar and collecting lightning bugs and then before going in for the night letting them free. There seemed to be hundreds of them, they were everywhere. We always had so much fun with these little bugs and where just amazed by them. Anyone else noticed they just aren't around like they use to be?

Here are a few pictures of our new backyard, we are just shy of an acre and then we back to common ground so it just seems to go on forever!! Our yard goes as far as the burning bushes and to the last tree you can see. It goes further to the left and right I just took a picture straight up the middle for the most part. Cory is working on getting the girls swing set all put up and should hopefully be done this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a phenomenal back yard! I'm jealous. :-)

    I have TONS of lightening bugs. I do every year. Maybe I have flowers/trees that they like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I ever tell you about the night that I went out on our deck and there were so many lightning bugs that they looked like twinkling Christmas lights in our trees?!! Maybe the heat has killed them off some? How's the swingset coming? We drove by your house the other day just to see if you all were out by chance.

    ReplyDelete