Yes, I am back and all moved into our new house! We moved on Monday morning and it took the movers 10.5 hours to move us, they said if we had anymore stuff it would have been a two day move. Cory and I knew that we had a lot of stuff, but we had no idea it would take that long and we had 5 guys moving us. By Wednesday I had us basically all unpacked, by us I mean me and the girls, Cory can do his own unpacking. Is that mean of me, nah! Anyways both my parents were here on Monday and Tuesday to help get things where they needed to be and to help me start unpacking. Mom and I first tackled the kitchen and my mom could not believe all the kitchen items I have. She keep saying "another box, where did you have all this stored in your old kitchen". Once we had a box unpacked, dad would break it down and carry it out to the garage. So we are just about unpacked except for the office and I think I will let Cory tackle that room.
I am chomping at the bit to start painting and hanging up pictures. Everything in this house is pretty much move in ready except for a few things that need some tweaking like a new shower head in the master bathroom. It is a very nice shower head however, it doesn't put out very much water pressure and with all the hair I have (a lot) I need pretty good water pressure to get the shampoo and conditioner all out. We also have ceiling fans, but they are older and we are going to replace them in all the bedrooms. The one thing that is driving us crazy are the light switches, they are all upside down so on is off and off is on! That will be getting fixed fairly quickly as well. Luckily though the house is all painted in either cream, tan or white so it will be easy to paint and we don't have to deal with any wallpaper.
I will post more about the house over the next couple of weeks, but as of now I wanted to let you all know that everything went well and we are getting settled fairly quickly. Cory is outside now with my dad putting together the girls new swing set. They are both so excited and by the end of the weekend should be playing like crazy on it. I will post pictures later as well.
I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteHave you picked out colors for the rooms yet? And if you unpacked your stuff, the girls stuff and most of the rest of the house - I bet Cory isn't too heartbroken to unpack his stuff. :-)
I can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDelete