Sunday, August 22, 2010

Claire's room all finished!

I am all finished with Claire's room and am really happy with how it turned out! I think the polka dots are adorable and Claire loves them as well. All I did was take a 9" plastic plate and trace some circles on a big piece of paper. I then cut out some paper stencils which I placed around the room with some painter's tape. I had Cory help look at the layout as two sets of eyes and ideas are better than one. Next I took down the paper and traced the plate with a pencil in the same spot. Taking a very small paintbrush I traced the outside of the circle and then filled it in with my regular sized brush. It really wasn't bad at all, I got it finished a lot faster than I thought I would. All we have left to do is hang a few of her pictures and she will have the first room in the house that is completely done!!




Both the girls have these little niches in their rooms which are great for a desk. I didn't put any polka dots above the desk yet because I am planning on getting a big fabric covered bulletin board. Once we have hung the bulletin board I will see if I think we need to add another polka dot or two.




6 comments:

  1. Looks great, Jules! It's a fabulous room for a little girl. Love love love it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome!!! I bet Claire LOVES her new room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the room...and the polka dots...how fun and creative! (:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out so good. I love the softness of the yellow and pink colors so it is not over powering. I am sure Claire will love the room for many years to come. Good job, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh, it turned out GREAT julie!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. You did a great job Julie... Love the polka dots.. I am sure Claire loves her new room!!

    ReplyDelete