* I realized that I didn't say that Claire LOVED her first day! She had so much fun at school and really likes her teacher!!Today was Claire's first day of Kindergarten and we were all so excited! I was having a hard time with letting her go, last night before bed I had butterflies in my stomach and all the heartache that every mom has when she is sending one of her babies off to Kindergarten for the first time. I was sad, however, so proud of Claire at the same time. She was so ready for this day to arrive and has been for a year now. We had meet the teacher yesterday and I could just see how comfortable she was with herself and the surroundings which help calm my nerves. Her being so confident and brave really did help to make me that way as well.
Here are some pictures of her all ready to go and eating her breakfast of Frosted Flakes.

Then we all headed outside to wait for the bus to arrive and in the meantime I snapped a few pictures of my little Kindergartner.







Here comes the bus and she was definitely ready!

One last goodbye!

So the going to school part was great, everyone did great and there were no tears shed, not even from me! However, the coming home part was different and there was some tears shed, not by Claire but by me. The bus drop off time was suppose to be 12:30pm, well that came and went and 12:50pm was quickly approaching. Now I know that it is the first day of school and the bus driver is learning the route so they may end up being a little late, but I was starting to panic. I grabbed the phone and called Cory at work asking him to call up to school and find out what was going on with the bus. We quickly called me back and told me that the bus did not leave school until 12:25pm, it was running a little late (ah yeah just a little) but she should be home shortly. 1:00pm I see the bus enter the other entrance of the neighborhood and my nerves begin to settle but not for long, 10 minutes later she is still not in my arms telling me about her day. I go inside grab the phone and call my neighbor Dana who's little girl Grace is also in Claire's class and on the bus. She proceeds to tell me that Grace has been home for almost 15 MINUTES and that she saw the bus go to the back of the neighborhood and then back out past her house. It is hard to understand unless you are familiar with our streets but the bus should have turned off of her street and came onto ours and it didn't. Panic kick back in AGAIN! I called Cory and explained all this to him, he gives me the number of school and who he spoke with earlier and I called up there. I explained that the bus was in our neighborhood and then left and my daughter is STILL on the bus. She is useless and gets a hold of the bus dispatch to find out what is going on. To make a REALLY long and emotionally EXHAUSTING story shorter, they finally brought my baby girl home at 2pm, yes that is correct 1.5 hours later than she was suppose to. Can you say I was a wreck, totally freaking out and crying on the phone with my mom (who was great in all this she went up to school for me to talk to them in person) all I wanted to know was where my baby was and how to get her in my arms. I had a nice (if you will call it that) talk with the bus driver and the counselor from the school that actually was on the bus with all the Kindergartner's and they both assured me that this will NOT happen again tomorrow. Claire did great and came off the bus looking like this:

All smiles even though she said she was hungry and hot! My poor baby, she said she still wants to ride the bus tomorrow so I guess we will try it one more time.
yeesh. Man, that would be horrible! Good for Claire for being so brave, but yeah...I would've been freaking out. Hope tomorrow's better! :)
ReplyDeleteWOW, Julie.. I can't believe it.. How horrible. I can totally understand you freaking out. I would have been the same way.. That is great that Claire did so well through it all.. I sure hope it goes better tomorrow for everyone!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is quite a way to start the school year. I'm sure I would have been hysterical. I am sure it will be better tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteugh...not a good way to start the day! hope tomorrow goes better.
ReplyDeleteWow! Poor Claire, and poor you!! That must have been a rough hour and a half! I'm glad that she so resilient. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that is a first day neither one of you will forget. I am so glad she took it in stride, not sure how mine would have handled it. Hang in there, today has to be easier, right?
ReplyDeleteOh, Julie! You poor dear! I would have freaked plumb out and probably called the police! :] Kidding...sort of! Man oh man oh man I cannot imagine what that must've felt like, but you did a great job describing it for us! Wowzers! Soooo thankful she's safe. Praying over our children truly does pay off! Love you Julie Bird! Your daughters are adorable and so obviously loved!
ReplyDeletethat happened to my boys once. They never rode the bus until last year...and only home...but the first day the driver past right by our house. I could even see my boys waving as they passed. It took an entire hour to get them home.
ReplyDelete