Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Field trip and one tired mommy

I was one of the lucky moms that got to go with Claire's preschool class on their field trip today. Out of the 17 moms/dads that signed up only 3 of us got to go and I was one of them. All the kids were so excited because we got to take the school bus to the park were our field trip was to be held. I was assigned 6 kids, yes you read that correctly 6 to watch after and that isn't an easy task. I had 3 boys and 3 girls and I was lucky enough to get 6 of the good kids in the class, but it is still stressful as you are responsible for 5 other peoples children for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day here, with temps in the upper 80's and sunny. All the kids had a blast as we got to see animals, have a picnic lunch under the pavilion and play on the playground. I don't know who is more worn out me or Claire. Here are some of my favorite pics from the field trip.

On the bus ready to go, first she wanted to ride with me, but it didn't take long before I got ditched for her friends.

Here she is about 7 minutes into the ride with her friends, Lena and Adam.
My crew of 6!
This peacock was amazing.
Whole class shot, along with the parents who got to come along. Look closely and you will see us behind the kids in the cut outs.
Farmer Claire
Lunch with her friend Caroline

Climbing at the playground











5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day to be outside. Having to watch six children is a big responsibility so I can understand why you were tired. Looks like Claire had a great time with her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the class shirts, what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I wonder why they only let 3 parents go. For Nestle's field trips (2yr olds and preschool all go together) they encourage as many parents to come as possible so all the responsibility isn't on the teachers. Usually most parents go. His will start up again this summer - looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all the pictures.. Looks like fun!! I bet you were tired when you got home though.. That is alot of children to watch. The t-shirts are really cute too!!

    ReplyDelete