Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Sweet Claire

Cory and I let Claire stay up with us last night and watch the first hour or so of American Idol. She absolutely LOVED spending the time with just the two of us, we had ice cream and a lot of laughs. I warned Claire before we started watching the show that daddy was going to laugh a lot. Well my warning was correct and any of you who know Cory well know his loud cackle which is very contagious. As we were watching the show Claire said a few things that were too cute. There was a young man that tried out toward the very beginning and his hair was very different??? As Cory was laughing at his singing/dancing/hair flopping around, Claire was just mesmerized by how much hair he had and how curly it was. She turned to me and said "wow, he has curly hair like me, but mines not so big". I told her that she is lucky that she has pretty curly hair and also lucky that she doesn't have as much as that man. Then she wanted to know how he got his hair to stand up so high and be so bouncy. One of the first conversations that Claire and I had this morning was about that man on the show last night with the crazy hair!!
A little later in the show they were showing clips of some of the auditions that they had that were bad and one of them was a quick clip of a black women who was very overweight and had on a really short shirt so you saw a lot of her stomach. When Cory saw her is said "oh lord", Claire turns to him and said "don't say oh lord daddy it is okay I think she is just having a baby". Isn't it fun to see the world through a toddlers eyes, they are still so non influenced by the world and naive.

3 comments:

  1. I think Cory should be that Big hair man Next Halloween!!! Too funny! Did you partake in the icecream???Cory would be hilarious to watch idol with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have some ice cream, but it was one of my Weight Watcher Bars, if you can even call that ice cream. I have lost 3 lbs so far, whaoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Claire loved spending time with just the two of you. Way to go losing 3 pounds already!

    ReplyDelete