I had to take the Sienna into the dealership on Monday because the driver side door has been making this horrible popping sound. I found out back in December when I took it in for an oil change that there has been a recall on this exact thing due to something breaking inside the door. They told me that it would just be a 1 day job and they could give me a loaner car.
Monday morning the girls and headed over to drop off the van for our 9am appointment and might I add that we got there at exactly 9, yeah me!! Anyway we head inside signed the forms for the loaner saying that I have car insurance and that none of my children will be driving the car (gee I don't know Claire might take it for a spin with the neighbor kids)..and head out to see what kind of car they are loaning us. I was a little hesitant as to what car I would receive thinking it was going to be small and impossible to get around with two little ones. Much to my surprise they gave me a 2008 Camry. It is very nice and I had a flashback to about a year and a half ago when I had my Camry before we got the Sienna. Getting around with just Claire in the Camry was okay but I just knew that with Paige we would need more space. I thought this would be a good opportunity to see if my theory of needing a bigger car with more room was correct and IT WAS!! Today is day 3 of a 1 day job mind you and I am ready for my van back. I miss being able to walk toward the car hit the unlock and door open buttons so by the time we have reached the van the side door has opened and the girls can just crawl right up inside and get into their seats. I miss Claire being able to get out of her seat once we have gotten to our destination and hitting the button to open her door all by herself. I miss having all the extra storage space in the very back for my groceries and stroller. Don't get me wrong the Camry has a really nice size truck, but I couldn't fit my double stroller in it today when we went to the mall, I had to take the single and Claire had to walk/jog beside me....
At first Claire was all excited about the Camry and was telling everyone that we got a new car, yeah one with huge writing on the back window that says "Seeger Toyota Courtesy Car". I kept telling her that we were only going to have this car for a few days until my van was fixed but she insisted that we keep it for a few weeks. However, today when we were on our way home from the mall she told me that she didn't like that car anymore and was ready for us to get the van back. Could it be that she can't get the door open by herself from the inside or out? Maybe that she can't see out the window because both she and Paige are so low down in the seat? I agree 100% and am going to call this afternoon to see what the hold up is. I mean come on you can't tell a mom that it is only going to be a 1 day job and turn it into to 3 or 4 don't they understand they are taking away one of the few things that makes my life SO much easier............
Wow, that was a nice long post! It was a good reward for making us wait so long for one......oh, Julie, you know I am just giving you trouble!! Seriously, you don't realize how much you rely on your van or suv, until you have to do without...even for a day, let alone 4 days, man. Business is probably slow and they are milking the man hours on it. Hope you got it back today.
ReplyDelete