Monday, January 12, 2009

Back on the Wagon

Well today is the day that I am getting back on my diet. After I had Paige back in April of 07 I went on a major diet starting in July and by Jan. of 08 I had lost 40 lbs.... I wanted to lose another 15-20 but was just happy that I was maintaining the weight that I had lost and hadn't gained any back. That was until this fall/winter when I fell and broke my foot. Back in October I broke two bones in my foot making it so that I could no longer go to the gym. I was very upset knowing that I would start to gain my weight back. I was fine until the holidays hit, over Thanksgiving I gained about 3-5 lbs and then another 5 over Christmas, so 10 total. Even though my doctor has not released me to start back to the gym until February 1st I can still start watching what I am eating now. So starting today Monday, January 12th Cory and I have started a competition to see who can lose 10 lbs first. I know, I know everyone keeps telling me that I am crazy for making this bet with my husband because everyone knows that men lose weight a lot faster than women. However, starting in two weeks I will be going back to the gym and Cory doesn't go to the gym because he is too tired by the time he gets home from work. So yes, he may have an advantage for the next few weeks but then we should be on a pretty even playing field. I will keep you all posted as to how we are doing and who meets the goal of 10 lbs first....
I want to go ahead and apologize now to anyone that I may be crabby to over the next week or so. After all my body is going to be wondering what the he** I am doing to it and I am going to be STARVING!!

1 comment:

  1. We can start a "wagon caravan" I have been on my diet since last tues and have lost 5 pounds already, prob water.....I have't even started exercising yet...hopefully I'll get in that groove soon. I HOPE that when I have to work the night shift again next wk it doesn't mess me up! Good luck, we can just be big crabs together.

    ReplyDelete