Monday, July 19, 2010

Operation packing officially underway.....

One week from today we will be moving into our new house!!! We are so excited, it seems like we have been waiting forever. This past weekend we really starting tackling the house and getting our office, master bedroom, linen closets and bathrooms packed. Later this week I will do the girls bedrooms and kitchen. I have been holding off on the kitchen for as long as possible because once I packed that up I can no longer cook, wait a minute maybe I should pack that room today. :) The girls rooms I am waiting until the last minute so that I don't disrupt their routine and environment until I absolutely have to. Paige is having a really hard time sleeping lately and I truly feel it is because of all the packing and not understanding what is happening. I have been trying to talk to her about it all, explaining that everything and everyone is coming with us to the new house, but how much can a 3 year old really understand. She did not nap at all this weekend and took very few and even those naps were short last week. She just cries and cries, says she is scared and wants me to lay with her. I feel horrible that she is so upset, but at the same time I don't want her getting use to me laying with her until she falls asleep. Last night however I did, poor thing is so tired that she has bags under her eyes. With her not taking a nap and then being up until 9pm(we have her in bed by 8 but she fights the sleep)and waking up around 7:45am, she is exhausted. So last night after her crying and calling for me for probably 20 minutes I went in and layed with her. It didn't take long as she was so tired that within just a few minutes she was in a deep enough sleep that I could sneak out. We also let the girls sleep together for the first time on Friday night. We have tried this before but they always talk so much that they don't fall asleep and we have to separate them. Friday night they both wanted to sleep in Claire's room so we had them in bed by 8pm and by 9pm they were quite and asleep. We didn't let Paige sleep in there all night as they would have been up at 7am, so when we went to bed Cory carried Paige to her room. It was so sweet Paige felt Cory picked her up and said "no, no daddy, no". Claire woke up just enough to say "good night Paige". Here are a few pictures I took of them sleeping together.


A new friend that I met is going to take both Claire and Paige for me Thursday morning. She has a daughter that will be in Claire's kindergarten class and a son who is the same age as Paige and will go to preschool with her. This works out perfectly, now I will be able to go through their rooms and pack while they are gone. I tried to start going through Claire's toys over the weekend, however, she was home and saw me and we had some tears. Some of the things I thought she could definitely throw out she felt differently about.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, the girls look so sweet sleeping together! I'm glad the packing is going well. I am still resisting the need to pack until the short sale officially gets approved...of course that might back-fire and I end up packing everything in under a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pictures. I am glad Paige finally got some sleep. How nice of the friend to keep the girls for you tomorrow. You should be able to get a lot of packing accomplished during that time.

    ReplyDelete