Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Question That is too Tough to Answer

Claire and I were coming home from the Grocery Store this afternoon when she starting talking to me about Cinderella, it was a sweet conversation no big deal until......the question about what happened to Cinderella's daddy?? I told her that that he must have gotten sick and was in Heaven, so she had to go stay with her stepmother and stepsisters. Here is the conversation:

Claire: Did Cinderella's daddy die?

Me: Yes

Claire: Why

Me: He got sick

Claire: Where is he?

Me: In heaven, with God

Claire: How did he get to heaven, did he take an airplane there?

Me: Umm, No

Claire: Did he drive in a car?

Me: No (now my mind is racing, how do I explain the process of death to a 3 year old)

Claire: Did heaven come down and get him?

Me: YES! Heaven came down and got him, actually God came down from Heaven and got him and took him back to Heaven with him.(Hoping that this will be an acceptable answer for her)

Claire: Oh, okay

Thank goodness that this didn't go any farther there is just no way for someone so young to be understand the process of dying and your soul going to Heaven.
Kelli, I can relate to your many conversations with Sloan on this topic and how your mind starts to race and your palms sweat.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. They're so sweet and innocent and we are trying so hard not to mess them up for life right? There will be many more years of tough questions to come, I guess. Better prepare ourselves.

    ReplyDelete