Tuesday, August 12, 2008

One of Those Days....

Both yesterday and today were one of those days that your patience is so thin that you don't know if you are going to make it through the day without exploding at one of your children. The last few weeks Claire has really being testing the boundaries I guess you could say and know matter what I do it doesn't seem to really affect her. She is so strong willed and headed that when she wants something she is going to drive me crazy trying to get it.
So after knowing how my day was yesterday and seeing how it was starting off today I knew that I needed a day out with some of my girlfriends so I invited my two neighbors Kelli and Carol to go to the pool today. I figured what better way to unwind then to let the kids play with one another while the girls and I talked. It didn't take me long to see that Kelli has been having a few of those days lately herself, at least Claire didn't flood one of our bathrooms like Tia did theirs, YIKES!! I was joking around asking if it was a full moon or something because all the kids seem to be a little more rebellious than usual, well not Chase and Brooke but it could be because they are older 9 & almost 5, man I can't wait until mine are older and can be more independent and not so needy. I know, I know, I say that now but once those days are here I will be wishing to be back here again when they are so sweet and innocent (most of the time) and still need me.
Here are a few pics that I took of the kids today, they did seem to have fun and hopefully they will have wore each other out for good naps or early bedtimes tonight.

Clare having some PB&J


Hi Paige


Claire & Chase, Claire had so much fun swimming/playing with him today!!


Paige & Landon: Look at those faces!


It is almost like Landon is very pleased with himself, yeah I scared her!! Too funny


Claire & Tia


Look at that face!


At least one of my girls isn't afraid of him.


The girls with Landon: Brooke, Claire and Tia


Tia


Where is Chase? Paige is on my lap still not too sure about Landon.

3 comments:

  1. Man, those are great pics. The first one of Paige and Landon....clasic! The way she is looking at him, so serious, and he is just so jovial-sp! Made me laugh so hard!! Hey, you really got some good ones esp like the black and white ones. Thanks again for the invite. Chase and Claire really like eachothers company, don't they...cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are awesome! They totally cracked me up! We had so much fun swimming with you guys again. Thanks for inviting us. Now I think it's time to start planning that grown up only night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard the "flood the bathroom" story yet! Can't wait for that one! I am so excited that you are commenting on my blog! Your haircut is adorable. Mine is taking some getting used to! Those pics are super cute. Landon is getting chunky! I love his round face, don't you? You are blessed to live in a neighborhood with cool Mommas and kids to hang with!

    ReplyDelete