Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Paige

I can't believe that it has already been 4 years! It seems like just yesterday I was rocking you in your nursery giving you a bottle trying to savor every minute knowing it would all be gone too fast. Here you are 4 years old and just beginning to develop your personality (which is like a firecracker, you don't hold anything back). Expressing your thoughts and feelings, wants and needs. You are such a smart, sweet and loving little girl. We love you happy birthday!

Here are some (ok a lot) of pictures from your big day. With Easter falling on your actual birthday this year, we decided to give you your gifts from us and have your family party on Saturday. I love some of the expressions that I captured with the photos. Since you don't like to be fussed over (at least at the age of 4) and aren't very lovey dovey (except with me and daddy) it is sometimes hard to tell if you really like something you are given. Both daddy and I know that you don't like a lot of attention and even though you loved your gifts it might have been hard for some to realize. This pictures tell/show it all.

Squinkies!
The chick

Koo Koo Birds & Birdhouse
Playing with your sister and sharing your squinkies
Ready and waiting for the rest of the family to arrive for your party!!


Mini frog pillow pet

Dancing frog

Monkey
Monkey
Yes we made the cake! This was not easy, I bought one of those Wilton Monkey cake pans. I did the base of the icing but my artsy hubby did the outline and mostly everything else.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Julie.. Love all the pictures. I could tell Paige was enjoying her big day!! LOVE the photo with dad and Paige laughing.. SO DARN CUTE!! Can't get over the monkey cake.. very impressed!! Know Paige had to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she LOVED that cake! My boys always love the ones I make the best...even if my buzz lightyear looked a little (a lot) gay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw glad she had a great day. Love the pic of her hugging her chick. That is so precious!! Cake turned out cute Betty ;)

    ReplyDelete