I can't believe that my baby is 6 years old today, how is that possible? I remember just like it was yesterday when you said your first word "Dada". You were 6 months old and daddy was changing your diaper in your room on the changing table. I was in my room and I heard you saying "Dada, Dada, Dada" over and over again and laughing. It is such a sweet memory of you and your daddy together that I will never forget! Then there is when you took your first steps, you were just shy of 13 months old, again I can remember it like it happened yesterday. Walking from daddy to Grandma in our old house in the living room. We were all so proud of you just like we are today. You have 2 weeks left of Kindergarten and then you will get ready to start
1st grade, again how is this possible?!? Love you more than you will ever know. Happy Birthday Ladybug!!
We started celebrating your birthday on Saturday night when we took you to the mall to get your ears pierced. Daddy had told you when you turned 6 you could get your ears pierced so off we went. You were so excited and brave! I have to be honest I didn't think you would do it, I truly thought once we got there you would change your mind, but you didn't. You hopped right up in the chair and were ready to go.

First ear

Hanging in there even though you knew what was coming!

Guess who else wanted to get hers done? Yep, Paige she wasn't going to let her bug sister show her up.


She was so brave even though I could tell from her face she was about to cry. After it was over and she was in my arms the tears came and came hard.
*Let me make a little side note that I was not 100% sold on my baby (4 year old) getting her ears pierced. I would have preferred that she waited until she was at least 6 or older. However, she really wanted to do it with Claire and Cory said why not let her do it, she is excited, so I caved. :(

Everybody is finished and earrings are bought, now we are all smiles.



You wanted to open your presents Sunday morning even though your birthday wasn't until Monday as you didn't want to have to wait all day through school and daddy getting home to open them. Here you are with your favorite guy (besides daddy) Justin Bieber!

You have been wanting a water bottle with either your name or initial on it for ever, now you have one for when soccer starts up again in the fall.

Love your face in this picture. You have been asking for this bracelet and the bottle caps to go with it for almost 6 months.

Your own pool bag to keep your goodies this summer!

Your very first bottle of perfume!

Looking through your gifts with Paige and Killian.

Opening your gifts from the rest of the family. Aunt Lauren made this shirt for you, it matches the one she gave Paige for her birthday, cute!


Squinkies from Aunt Lisa! You have been wanting these since Paige got hers for her birthday and were very excited to get your own.

Ah oh, are we in trouble this better not be a glimpse into your future.

You and all your cousins.

Your rainbow cake




Love, love. love this picture of you and daddy!!!
Great pictures, as always. Love Claire's expressions. I do believe she loved everything.. Oh man, the birthday cake looks so cool.. I have never seen a rainbow cake before... Really great picture of Cory and Claire too!!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a big birthday for Claire! You got some amazing pictures!
ReplyDeleteHappy bday Claire! I was thinking the same thing that you made a side note on about making C wait till she was 6 & P got to do it now ;) wait till I tell B!!!! Love the cake;). Give C a big hug for us;)
ReplyDeletethe cake looks awesome! I can't believe all the big girl gifts. I don't even know her for real, but I feel like i've watched her grow up:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great 6th birthday party. Wonderful pictures of everyone. The years are going too quickly!!
ReplyDelete