Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

So this is the first Thanksgiving that I am having at my house. Always in the past years my mom and mother in law have rotated houses and all we have to do is show up and eat. :) This year I asked if my mom would mind me having Thanksgiving at my new house (it was her year to have it). So wish me luck as I tackle the turkey and all the fixings. My mom is going to come over Thursday morning to help me get the bird all cleaned out and stuffed so we should be fine, keep your fingers crossed for me. I am also doing the appetizers, salad and bread stuffing all of which I have done before plenty of times except the stuffing. As long as I follow the directions on the stuffing and keep the turkey moist we should be good to go! My mom is bringing the green bean casserole a rice stuffing that she and my dad like and a pecan pie. Connie, my mother in law, is bringing home-made rolls, gravy (I don't have a clue how to make her gravy as it is more of a watch and learn recipe more than a written down one)and a pumpkin pie. Wow, I think we will have plenty to eat don't you? What are all of you doing this year, do you have the big day at your house or a relatives?

Also, need some ideas/suggestions for my new canisters that I bought for my kitchen. What should I put in them? My sister has some similar to these and has candy in the smallest one and then pretzels and cheese its in the other two. My friend Carol said to put rice, beans or other colorful food in them. What are some of your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I love your canisters. I'd say just put whatever you want to put in them...and change them out once in awhile...that would be fun.

    Have fun doing Thanksgiving dinner at your house!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say listen to your wonderful friend Carol, sounds like she knows what's up. all kidding aside. Good luck Thursday. How exciting to have it at your house. You are officially a grown up now :) Let me know how it goes. i will be thinking of you. Remember to take the innererd packing out of your bird. I cooked them in there once. not. pretty. "what i did?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your first Thanksgioving! You'll do awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends, do you want it to match your kitchen or do you want to use them for real? I my kitchen the colors are all fall like colors so mine have multi colord beans to match.

    ReplyDelete