Monday, November 1, 2010

Not sure who had more fun!

What a gorgeous night we had for trick or treating! We had no rain, temps in the 50's and were ready to go. We headed out the door a little after 6pm and went over to my sister's neighborhood to go with them. We decided not to stay in our new neighborhood due to the fact that the houses are all on good size lots and are pretty spread out, the girls would have pooped a lot faster.
Once we got to my sister's we took the usually pictures and then were out the door by 6:30pm. I didn't count the total houses the girls made it to but I would say a good 50. Claire was on a mission, she was in the front of the pack running from house to house and was NOT running out of steam! She out lasted all the kids, yes she out did Lauren who is 8 (almost 9) and Adam who is 6 (almost 7). Paige did well too, she came in third as far as the energy level, Adam pooped out quickest (playing football in the front yard with his dad and Papa before we went trick or treating probably didn't help any). Claire made her daddy proud for sure, Halloween was Cory's favorite holiday and he would go full speed all night until everyone's lights were turned off. My mom, sister and I were laughing as we were walking from house to house with the kids, they both turned to me and said "that is the Cory in her for sure"! We all had SO much fun, this was the best Halloween that Cory and I have had with the girls, they are old enough to understand the concept and how fun it is. We only had to hold Paige for a little while towards the end while we walked from house to house and then she was off and running again! :) We left my sister's a little before 8pm and as we were heading out of the neighborhood we stopped the car at 3 houses we missed toward the front of her neighborhood for the girls to jump out and hit real quick. Then Cory asked the girls if they wanted to go to a few houses in our neighborhood once we got home, they both said "Yeah"!

We went to 7 more houses in our neighborhood and I had to finally say "enough". Cory was having just as much fun as the girls if not more! I would say "Ok we are good it's getting late let's head home" and he would say "no, look they still have their light on let's go there too". Next time I said "enough Claire has school tomorrow" I would hear "It's Halloween night she can be a little tired for school tomorrow she will be fine". Or my favorite response from him was "oh, look how that house is decorated they are gonna have GOOD candy!" Like I said who had more fun I am not sure. On our way back to our house we saw a police officer which Claire thought was the coolest. He stopped and gave us glow necklaces and candy! The week of Halloween they had a police officer come into their classroom at school and tell the class that if they saw them out trick or treating they would stop and give out glow sticks and candy, sure enough right as we were calling it a night down the street came a policeman with his lights flashing and said over the speakers "I have glow necklaces"!

Here they are: My Cheerleader & Monkey


Can you tell how excited she is?

The whole gang: Football Player, his Cheerleader, Monkey and the Witch! Now that I think of it Paige and Lauren's costumes go well together too. The witch in the Wizard of Oz had all those flying monkeys. :) How tiny do my girls look compared to their cousins? Believe it or not there is only 15 months of an age gap between Claire and Adam.

Going through the stash before we head to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am proud of the girls. They definitely got lots of candy. I can see why Cory had just as much fun. He never wanted to come home until he hit all the houses. Good job, girls, making it to all the houses. They looked so cute in their costumes and it was definitely a PERFECT evening for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK.. the girls did great.. Can't get over how much candy they got.. LOVE the costumes!! They look so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay it is normal comment view now! Anyhoo... Cute, glad you all had fun. We sure missed you over here this yr :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Now that's a pile of candy!

    ReplyDelete