I am sorry that I haven't been doing much blogging lately I have been pretty preoccupied. Back in March Cory and I found our dream home and put in an offer contingent upon us selling our current home. This was VERY sudden as we were not looking to move for another 3 years or so, however, I just happen to stumble upon this house and fell in love with it. You see my sister has been looking for a house since March as well and told me to get online and check out this house that just came on the market in this neighborhood that we both LOVE. The houses are gorgeous and the lots are huge! After I was finished looking at the house she had asked me to, I continued to scroll down the page to see what else was for sale in that neighborhood when I saw "the house". It had been on the market for awhile and had just recently lowered it's price and was now kind of in the price bracket that we could actually maybe go for it. I looked at the pictures on line and was like wow this looks really nice, so I called Cory in to take a look. He immediately was like "yes it is nice, but we said we weren't going to move until Paige was in school full time and you are back at work." I told him I knew that but to look at the price it is about $200,000 less than most houses in that neighborhood are listed for and that we should just take a look. Well we got in the car and drove by it and he agreed that if I called the realtor and got her to take us through, he would go and see it. I should probably tell you that this is all happening on a Sunday and Cory leaves the next day for a week long business trip. So I called the listing agent and explain our situation to her and she got us in that evening at 5pm. To make a long story a little less long we loved it and ended up putting an offer on it that Friday when Cory got back in town.
First bump in the road we have to now finish up some projects around our current house to get it ready to be put on the market and we have one week to get them all done and our house "listed". It was only a few days after we had our house ready and "listed" that we hit the second bump in the road.
Second bump, we got the dreaded call from our agent there was a couple that was relocating from Texas that has put an offer on the house. So Cory and I start freaking out, we now have to either drop the contingency and the house is ours or bow out and let the other couple have the house. We don't want to lose the house but we didn't want to get ourselves in the situation that we couldn't sell our house and our closing date arrives and we now have two house payments! What to do, what to do! We were lucky that our agent was also the listing agent so she really wanted us to get the house so we all win, especially her! She works something out with the seller and the contract now reads "contingent upon us closing on our house, not selling" and the closing date of June 25th. If we don't close by June 25th we pay her a penalty and she extends our closing date to August 6th.
Cue third bump in the road, here we are June 18th and no contract. Back in April when the market was doing really well due to the tax credit we had several second showings and almost 3 offers. However, for one reason or another, backyard isn't big enough, not enough cabinets in the kitchen etc they went with another house. Obviously we will not be closing by the 25th which we were hoping for and now we have until August 6th. Talk about STRESSFUL!!! I kid you not when I tell you that I have gotten so many grey hairs over the last month it is ridiculous! I should take a picture and let you all see, thank goodness I am blond or you would really be seeing some unwanted hairs.
With everything that is going on in the world today I feel terrible praying to God and asking him to help us on this journey. However, I truly feel this is the path that we are suppose to take. I feel like he guided me to find the new house and he definitely helped us to get everything worked out so we wouldn't lose the house to the Texas couple. All we need now is for the right family to come and see themselves in our current home. We have some wonderful memories in this house from the day we brought Claire home from the hospital and started our family to both the girls crawling and taking their first steps in our living room. Watching them grow into the little girls they are today, we are ready to move on and make new memories in our new home and let another couple or family make some wonderful memories in this home. If you wouldn't mind keeping us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue on this journey we sure would appreciate it. I will keep you all posted and hopefully have some GREAT news to share with you all VERY soon!!
Praying everything works out for you! WOW- $200k less?! That is an amazing deal! I am sure it is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all of that Julie! I hope that it all works out! I can't imagine the stress...what difficult (but happy) decisions! I just heard about the "contingent upon a successful closing" last week and was told to put that in our contract instead of "successful sale" so hoping that works for you....let me know! We'll be venturing into the house selling and buying market next spring....hoping for the best for all!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYikes, Julie!!! If I lived in your area - I would have bought your house in a second!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, it will all work out. I would love it if you were moving to our school district. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you guys, even though we don't really want to lose you to another neighborhood. :) I'm trusting that the Lord will give you a peace and a clear cut answer tot his prayer of yours, either through the sale of your home (praying with confidence) or not (trusting His providential plan). Good luck, friend!
ReplyDelete