Friday, May 21, 2010

Last day of Preschool

The day that I have been dreading has arrived, Claire's last day of preschool. I had no idea how emotional I was going to be about all of this, but I am. After I put her to bed last night and was getting ready for bed myself I started having this sick feeling in my stomach. That is a feeling that I don't get often and I am glad for that because it is not something I like feeling. In one word I was sad, truly sad that after today my baby will no longer be going to preschool, the next time she sets foot into a school it will be her ELEMENTARY school and she will be starting Kindergarten!! I can only imagine how I will feel on her first day of school in the fall, I know that I will be super excited for her, but I am also pretty sure that I will feel this "sick" feeling again. As an end of the year gift to all the parents from Claire's teachers they made an "All About Me" book. It was really cute and covered things they have done from the beginning of school until the end. On the back they had how much she weighed at the beginning of the year and how tall she was as well as how much she weighs now and how tall she is. From the beginning of the year until now she has gained 3 pounds and grown 1.5 inches. I have noticed some other changes in her as well from losing her curls to losing her baby face! :( I am SOOO proud of you Claire you truly are turning into such a big girl, I know you will do great next year in Kindergarten. Love you!!!

Meeting her teachers for the first time, you can tell she is a little nervous and shy!


We aren't shy anymore, she has definitely formed a bound with both Mrs. Flynn

and Mrs. Howren, oh how we LOVE Mrs. Howren!

First day of school

Last day of school

2 comments:

  1. Wow, she's grown!! Way to go, Claire! She's do awesome in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really not as bad as you think it's going to be. When she comes home full of all the big girl things she did the first day...you will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete