My friend Lara and I took the kids to The Magic House yesterday and man was that a mistake. Lara and I have known each other since our Sophomore year in high school and have kids the exact same age except she has two boys and I have two girls. Her oldest and mine were born 4 days a part and her youngest and my youngest are almost exactly a month a part. Anyways, we decided that it would be a fun play date to take the kids to the Magic House so off we went. If I had known how crowded it was going to be we definitely would not have gone. I mean we knew that on a rainy morning and it would be crowded we were not completely nieve (sp?) but we soon found out that Friday is a big group day for summer camps as well. So on top of it being so crowded you couldn't move and it being really hot and stuffy in there, they charge you $7.50 for anyone over 1. Well guess what Paige hasn't turned one yet and neither had Adam (Lara's youngest) I mean come on that is ridiculous all kids 3 and under should be free in my opinion, even Clarie and Matthew didn't have a whole lot to play with. ANYWAY we stuck it out for a little over 90 minutes after all we just paid $15 to get in and then decided to head down the street to the Kirkwood McDonald's. Well that place was a zoo too, I swear I saw at least 3 moms there that were also at The Magic House, I even saw my neighbor Kelli there. Well at least the kids seemed to have fun, but I will not be going back there again until the kids are probably 5 & 7 for sure. I was going to attach some pictures but for some reason the button that I need to have Edit HTML isn't on my page, so maybe next time.
Since it is such a beautiful Saturday Cory and I decided to take the girls to the pool again and they are both getting so comfortable in the water. Not only is Claire jumping in off the side now, Cory also really worked with her on the doggy paddle and she can swim back to the side to get out and do it all over again. She also swam half the length of the pool too. Paige is happy either in the water or out on the side where she can just walk around and play with the toys, was also going to add pics from the pool but the samething as above.
Sounds like you've had a busy past couple of days. I like the magic house, but I swear one of the kids always gets sick after being there, despite the purell! We usually try to find a coupon to cut down on the price, but I never realized it was that high. I am jealous about the pool and how good the girls are doing. Makes me want to put a pool in our back yard....not...$$$$$$ Tell Cory Happy Fathers Day!!
ReplyDelete