![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
Saturday, June 21, 2008
A day at the lake
Today Cory and I took the girls out to my father in laws lake, well it isn't his lake but a lake that they have land and a boat. The name of the lake is Lake Sherwood, it is out highway 70 a little ways off the Foristell exit. Cory and his brother have been going out to the lake ever since they were about the age of 4 and have some great memories of playing in the sand and water sking. I went with them a couple of times before we had Claire but I don't waterski and am not a huge fan of any body of water that I can not see the bottom of, I am definitely a pool girl. Cory hasn't been out to the lake in about 3 years and with his dad just buying a new boat we thought we would grab the girls and give it a try. My mother in law came along too to help with the girls while Cory, his dad and I were out in the boat so they could ski, I am always the spotter/flag holder, she was going to stay with the girls inland so to speak. Before we went out for them to ski we all did get into the boat and take the girls for a ride. They both looked so cute with their lifejackets on, especially Paige as it came up so high on her it made her cheeks look really chubby. Claire loved going fast and having the wind blow in her face, she also had a really good time helping Grandpa drive the boat. So we did a run once around the lake and then went back and dropped off the girls and my mother in law. Once Cory and his dad both had a chance to ski we headed back in for lunch, while we were out on the lake the girls had a lot of fun digging in the sand and watching all the activity on the beach I guess you would call it. After lunch Claire wanted to go back onto the boat one more time so my mother in law stayed with Paige on the beach and we headed out. Claire had so much fun watching daddy and grandpa ski. It was funny because when they were done and would drop Claire would get concerned thinking something was wrong, I had to keep telling her it was okay and that they were just tired and done. I have to hand it to my father in law, for a 62 year old man he still makes skiing look easy and does a good job at it. I always enjoy watching that husband of mine ski too as he looks sexy behind the boat on one ski doing this tricks, maybe one day I will get up the nerve to get out there and learn how to ski too (probably 2-3 years from now when Claire is learning)...........When we got back from our last run with the boat it was about 1:45pm and I knew that Paige was going to be completely exhausted as she has not had a nap all day. From a distance we could see my mother in law and Paige sitting in the beach chair out by the waters edge and as we got closer I said "Oh my god is Paige asleep?" It was so cute there she was completely out on Connie's lap with her little red hat on and both her binky and blanket. All in all it was a very fun day and I am sure we will be doing it plenty more times this summer. I have attached some pictures of our first of many memories made out at Lake Sherwood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A-D-O-R-E-A-B-L-E pictures Julie!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had soo much fun. It's so great that you have that lake to go to to make some fun memories for the girls. They will remember those times the most, ya know! Could Paige be ANY cuter in her hat!!! Love the girls matching suits!