Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Cory!

Well today is my wonderful husbands birthday, he is officially the big 31. It is funny, since I am 3 months older I just kind of think that when I turn the next number so does he but he is the baby of the two of us.

I don't know what I would do without him in my life, he is the rock that holds us all up and the cement that holds us together. I am so lucky to have him as the father of my children, I am always telling him to grow up and he tells me it's not gonna happen this is who I am, but since he is still such a kid at heart he relates to the girls so well. I look at my friends who are guys and how they relate to their kids and it is so different then Cory and our girls. Cory is down on the floor wrestling with them, tickiling them and just having as much fun if not more fun then they are. The girls have so much fun with him because he does act so silly and crazy with them, I swear there are many times that I feel like I have 3 kids.

Cory has been apart of my life since I was 18 years old and I just can't imagine my life without him in it. We watched the movie P.S. I Love You over the weekend (total chick flick) and it just made me appreciate every minute we have together even more. From now on when I get mad at him for coming home from work late or for not doing something the right way (or should I say my way) with the girls I am really going to try and stop and just be greatful that he is here and we have this time together. One good thing about Cory being such a big kid (even though there are times I wish he wasn't) is that he makes me laugh all the time. Just last night we were watching a preview for the new show starting tonight actually called "Wipeout" and he was just absolutely cracking up by these people falling into the mud or getting hurt and even though I didn't think the preview was funny, his laugh just made me laugh and I love that about him and our relationship. I have always wanted to be with someone that I can just look at and know what they are thinking and the same with them and what I am thinking. I love seeing something or hearing something and thinking I can't wait to show Cory or I can't wait until Cory hears this. He is such a light in all our lives especially mine and not only is he my husband but my best friend too, I love being able to tell him anything and not even have to think twice as to whether or not I can trust him to keep it between us, it is just a given and I love that we can do anything around each other and not judge each other (well a comment might be made) but that is it and we both laugh about it.
So Happy Birthday my wonderful husband and thank you for being here for me and our family. Thank you for working SO hard to make us all SO happy and not expect anything in return.

Love Me!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cory! Hope you have a fabulous day with your wonderful wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Sweet Julie!! Cory really is one of the funniest people I know! We (ESPECIALLY MIKE) LOVE all his stories and jokes! Happy Birthday again Cory!! We watched the show Wipeout- pretty funny:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK man, I get the same looks watching the Wipeout previews :)

    The thing that I always find the most endearing is how serious and goal-oriented he can be, yet still maintain that great sense of humor. He's a genuine human being with many sides. So many times we meet people that are one-sided; either too serious or big slackers with no grey area.

    This element is probably why I couldn't imagine Cory not being in our lives either. A great friend, father, and husband (despite what everyone says :)

    DL

    ReplyDelete