Monday, June 9, 2008

Alright, Alright

Well a couple of my friends have been on me (and you know who you are) about not posting anything on my blog for a week SO I will give you an update on us from the past week.
Over the weekend Cory and I took the girls to the pool and they both absolutely LOVED it. Saturday was the first day back so to speak for the year and Claire did good but by Sunday she was definitely back into the swing of things. She loves to wear her floaties and just be by herself in the water (which makes me a nervous wreck). If you try to help her get from one part of the pool to the next by pushing or pulling her along she gets very upset with you and says "No, I can do it myself", well you might be able to do it yourself but it is going to take you all day. Her new thing this year is to jump in off the side. At first she kept doing belly flops and we had to explain to her the difference between an actual jump and a belly flop. Within 10 minutes she had it down and was jumping to Cory in the deep end with no hesitations. We did have one panic moment as Claire had gotten out of the pool to have a snack therefore we took the floaties off. When snack was finished she wanted to get back into the pool to see Cory and went right down to the second step and then jumped off, sinking to the bottom. Luckily Cory was close enough that he got to her really quickly but she was under for a few seconds but it seemed like forever to me, Claire however was fine and didn't seem too upset by it. We had to explain to her that she didn't have her floaties on and she can't jump in like that without them on because she will go under water and could get hurt.
Paige loved the water too! On Saturday when we went the water was still pretty darn cold and I didn't know how she would react to it, but it didn't bother her and she actually hung in there better than Claire and her cousins when it came to getting really cold. She loved splashing the water and playing with all the toys, Cory even put her all the way under several times on both Saturday and Sunday and she didn't mind it at all.
Well today we went to the grocery store and again I had another moment that I needed the sensor button. At first the girls were both doing great but as the food continued to be added to the cart and as they recognized the food they like (provel cheese) they both wanted it. Claire being old enough to understand I could tell her that she had to wait until we got home but Paige didn't get it, she just keep pointing and getting more and more upset. Well as we were in the check out I said "Paige just knock it off". Claire on the other hand says "Paige stop being a turd", now for those of you that don't know Cory loves to teach Claire all types of things and sayings, this is one of them. Cory tells Claire and Paige to stop being turds all the time and of course I get to be the one who is embarrassed by her saying them when he isn't around. What is that saying "Kids, they say the darnedest (sp?) things", I think I would have to add to that "when they are taught by their fathers".
Hope your happy now CR and hope you are feeling less blah. :)

3 comments:

  1. Very good Julie! I am feeling much better for a few reasons. Brooke has been in bed since 7:30, Chase has been busy on the computer for awhile, and we just went to DQ for my last hoorah before starting WW in the am. You guys are sooo lucky to have your grandmas private pool to go to. Your kids are already doing better in the water than mine!! Thanks for the blog entry, I enjoyed it!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie.......it's friday.....do you know where your blog is?! :) Thanks again for yesterday! We had fun!!! Looks like rain today:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop being a turd....I'm laughing hysterically because I can just hear her saying that!

    ReplyDelete