Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wow....has it really been that long?

Hello all my fellow blogging friends, that is if there are any of you still out there checking in on me. :) I knew that it had been awhile since I last did a blog post but had no idea it was back about HALLOWEEN! Here we are getting ready to celebrate Christmas in 11 days, wow! Well, let's get caught up shall we? I am just going to bullet somethings that have been going on with us lately and then post some pictures of the events.

*Claire and I went on a hayride with her Girl Scout troop back in the beginning of November and that was fun. Cold, but fun!!



*We had and I was in charge of a Progressive Dinner in our neighborhood. This is the second one that we have had and it is a lot of fun. We really do LOVE our new neighbors and neighborhood.

*The soccer season is over, Claire LOVES to play. Her team REALLY improved this year and we actually won more games than we lost. Claire will play soccer again starting in January and then softball this spring. She is excited about doing both!

*We had Thanksgiving at our house this year! The whole family (minus my sister, brother in law and my niece and nephew, they go to Iowa to see my brother in laws family) came to our house. I even invited my sister in laws mom and dad. She is an only child so they really only have her so why not, the more the merrier right? Wow, and was it ever merry. Cory and I enjoyed hosting, however, most of the night was a blur as we were constantly making sure nobody needed anything and getting the food ready!

The girls waiting for everyone to arrive. This is the latest addiction, electronics!


Paige is SO silly, she is always closing her eyes or is squinty in pictures.

Me and my parents
The girls with Nana and Papa

The girls with Grandma and Grandpa
The girls with my Nana and Cory's Grandma so their Great Grandma's.
*We had date night with the girls a few weeks back. I took Claire to dinner and then we went to the Fabulous Fox Theater here in St. Louis to see Mama Mia (it was all a surprise she had no idea where we were going)! May seem weird seeing as how she is only 6 and a half but, she LOVES the music and knows almost all the songs by heart. Cory got us the tickets from work and since there was 4 tickets we also invited my mom and my mother in law to join us.
Cory took Paige to dinner at her place of choice which ended up being..... St. Louis Bread Company or known in other states at Panera Bread. They then went to the mall where they went shopping at Justice and then to their final destination of roller skating. Both the girls had SO much fun!
Paige showing us her roller skates!

Claire and I at dinner
Claire with a Shirley Temple, I use to LOVE those as a kid so I asked her if she wanted to try it. She liked it as well.At the Fox inside our box seats at intermission.
*My dear friend Sarah and her fiance got married back in November in Jamaica and then they had a reception here in town for everyone who wasn't lucky enough to join them for the wedding the first week of December. Cory and I went to the reception and had a really good time. Not only have I gotten back in touch with Sarah but also another great friend of mine, Kenny and his sister Kim(gotta love Facebook if not only for that reason). Both Kenny and Kim are married and their spouses are great, they were also at Sarah and Kevin's reception and we had a blast with everyone!!
The Gang

Sarah and I, We have known each other since 7th grade!!
Sarah, Kenny and I have been friends since our Freshman year in high school.

*I have lost 30 pounds!!! I did it I wanted to get to a certain weight before Sarah and Kevin's reception and I made it. Now I would like to lose another 12-13 and it is hard with the holidays. So as of now I am trying to maintain the 30 that I lost and if I lose a couple more during that time great! Otherwise, I will lose those last 12 or so in January! :)

*I asked my parents to come over and help us take a family picture for our Christmas card. The picture at the top of the blog was one that we liked, however, it is NOT the picture we picked. I also took the pictures of the girls that you see along the side of the blog.


*Paige's class at her preschool put on a show of the Christmas Story and Paige played Mary. Cory and I both went to see her and she looked adorable! Can't believe she is starting Kindergarten in the fall.
My sweet, sweet Mary



The whole class, angels, stars, shepards, donkeys etc. So cute!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy!! And of course you still have people checking in on you, silly lady!

    I need your address so I can subject you to my yearly dog-tastic Christmas card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been very busy since Halloween! I love all the pictures. Its a great family picture at the top too! Paige looks so cute with her roller skates and Claire looks adorable in her red sweater. I am sure the girls loved having the one on one time with each of you! Sarah's party sure looked like a lot of fun. Its great that you have gotten back in touch with friends from school. Gosh, i so would have loved to have seen Paige in the Christmas Story.. I sure enjoyed the blog!! I always check in to see if there is anything new! :-) BTW you look good girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job of catching up on the last few months and wonderful pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pics. The girls are so pretty ;). Glad thanksgiving went well. Awesome that your new neighborhood is fun too! I cannot believe Christmas is THIS weekend can you. Did you have a cookie exchange this year. Prob not since you are dieting huh. I have lost 5 lbs so far. Your 30 is amazing. How do we insure keeping it off for good this time?!?! Really miss our daily chats on the driveways while the girls played ;). Have a great Christmas. I am not doing cards this year. ;(. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, long time no blog! I've decided to come back to the bloggie world and I guess you are in the same boat! I missed it so much! Anyway, the nativity is ADORABLE! And I love that you have pics of the kids with their grandparents. I want to do that more when we go home. You just never know when a pic will be the last one your kiddos have to remember them by.

    ReplyDelete